hammertoe

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I assume this is the road teams.

Makes sense that we expose these riders to the "B" Champs.

Remember our road riders do ride in the genuine World champs.

There are a hell of a lot of better riders out there available for World B champs... not one of those riders would have even made my shortlist if I was a selector... very sad it always comes down to politics...

I assume this is the road teams.

Makes sense that we expose these riders to the "B" Champs.

Remember our road riders do ride in the genuine World champs.

What about the track team?

Paul Minnaar?????has been a development rider for the last 7 years....obviously well connected. he comes out of retirement , when the need arises.

What happened to Central Guateng ? if I'm not mistaken the

largest cycling provence and not 1 cyclist selected.... WHY ?????

Dam what a crap team, this must be one hell of a joke. There's a lot more young riders that performs better at a constant rate. Nice if selectors gets to involved in certain teams. Where's proline, where's minolta girls and some of the individuals as well. The country that wins this race has better possibilities in bigger events, but ja. See that we at our best to go and win it...

smiley17.gifI've been visiting this site on monthly basis to see whats being said about interesting topics. I must say, some of the guys don't have a clue about whats going on with SA

cycling. Instead of shoving the word politics where ever you fill appropriate, how about trying Development? Yep, these are world B champs for crying out loud, this young young team is sent there for the experience and hopefully come back with something. They are not competing at the world's or with our under23 team in Belgium, so shame on you. with

that kind of thinking brain, our sport will take a long time to grow big and strong and guys like Maluleki and Khaka have some impressive results under their names, including Minnar. So instead of yip yaping, Think.     

I'm sorry but you are very wrong 20 cent...

I have a pretty good idea what is going on in the sport...

Furthermore I have competed against every single one of the riders selected for the mens teams...

As far as I'm concerned there is no room for development in a national team... whether it be world B's or not... It is a privelage to represent your country and it should be reserved for your best riders... otherwise it becomes meaningless for those who get selected... no rider selected to ride for a team wants people questioning his abilities and the motives for his selection...

Development should happen at the club and provincial level... give the riders opportunities to prove themselves and develop locally... then you will have the best team and it will be representitive... instead of just window dressing... this selection is a joke... and everyones thinking it, but to scared to say it... Its really sad for guys who are left out cause they aren't classed as development...

WTF...

World B's is not a joke.

I am all for development, but there is a time and a place for everything..

WTF...
World B's is not a joke.
I am all for development' date=' but there is a time and a place for everything..
[/quote']

I didn't say World B's was a joke... I said the selection is a joke...

I too have no problem with development, I just don't think the national team is the place to do it... we should be putting our best foot forward, not our most politically correct foot...
Cocaine2007-05-07 06:56:50

Khaka... the hope of SA Cycling!!!!!!!!! Just remember its B-Worlds, not a Cape funride, goodluck to the team, you are gonna need alot of it!

Sorry Cocaine, I was not refering to what you wrote. I was responding to the general topic. I agree wholeheartedly with what you said!

Peet, what do you mean?

Well well well I see some people are hot under the collar today. The Team should be representative of the country period, it should not be about colour or politics otherwise you end up having the same old Springboks and Proteas scenario. I as a person of colour believe development should be done on the ground and filtered through to the senior levels as the riders progress not at national level where we go to represent the country.

Been new in the sport I have noticed the following: No provincial or national academy exists which is MANAGED AND RUN by CSA and all the managers thereof accountable to CSA instead all the academies are run by individuals and they decide who to invite into these hence this is where the problems arise.

If the development and transformation policies are not thought through properly and implemented objectively we can forget about having persons of colour competing at national level or representing the country without the agrieved white folk having something to talk about rightfully so.Examples in above posts. The BMX guys in Gauteng have a system in place which is working well why not build on this model for the other disciplines as well.

At the SA National track champs two weeks ago I noticed not one person of colour representing Gauteng and this past week-end at the CGC champs there was a total of three riders of colour on Sat and Sun (One Cyclelab, One MTN and New Horizons).Who are we going to blame this on yet the CSA transformation and Development document has all the fancy words and instructions in it for year end 2007, all talk no bark, no wonder the "esteemed" sports spokesperson "BK" for the Minister of sport can make statements they way he currently is.