Yeti vs Ellsworth

likealeopard

How is the backup for Ellsworth in SA...?

I ask because from my browsing on other forums Ellsworth in the USA seems to consistently have the worst reputation for product support of any manufacturer I've heard of.

To back that up to an extent, an aquaintance bought one new on which one tube was visibly misaligned. After months of haggling and being promised a replacement frame repeatedly, being told it will ship soon, being offered forks at reduced price to go with it etc etc, they suddenly turned around and told him to take a hike.

Anyone with personal experience...?

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Or you can just buy this fugly thing.

http://cdn.mos.bikeradar.com/images/news/2009/09/30/1254298805054-1c4a82dv7sgw6-798-75.jpg

but atleast their marketing is good.

http://www.pezcyclingnews.com/photos/babes/babes09/ibike09rp-miss05.jpg

How is the backup for Ellsworth in SA...?

I ask because from my browsing on other forums Ellsworth in the USA seems to consistently have the worst reputation for product support of any manufacturer I've heard of.

To back that up to an extent' date=' an aquaintance bought one new on which one tube was visibly misaligned. After months of haggling and being promised a replacement frame repeatedly, being told it will ship soon, being offered forks at reduced price to go with it etc etc, they suddenly turned around and told him to take a hike.

Anyone with personal experience...?

[/quote']

Ja, I've seen and chatted to him at the WC races, he has all the Ellsworth decals masked off. Not a happy camper. Must be the cycling equivalent of the dude who went on that worst 4x4xfar campaign.<?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Having said that I'd still go for the Ellsworth, just because Yeti's are JHB equivalent of Anthems in  the Cape. But I cannot see you going wrong with either.

Post pics once you've got it!

I am trying to compare a Yeti 575 to an Ellsworth Epiphany. I have a chance at getting either. I know the Epiphany costs more but which is the best bike?

From a ride perspective both very close. I ride the Yeti (and my new one Wink) and its is out of this world. Never ridden an Ellsworth but hear they are also very good.

So we all agree now riding wise probably going to love both, therefore the support issue becomes a deciding factor and for that I can swear by the Yeti support. Colin and Kirk at Morningside WILL look after you and as Gnarly says, if you at a stage race, and you got a Yeti, you got support!!!!!!! VERY VERY important!!! Oh and after 6 stage  races I've not needed support yet. Just wash and Lube.....know what I  mean!!

Yeti

Morningside Cycles 0118078495

They moved shop +- 2km down from the old shop on Rivonia rd towards highway.

Sean322009-10-02 01:14:16

If you do not want to follow the crowd, get a Kona. The guys with real mountains ride those things into the ground and they don't give up.

If you do not want to follow the crowd' date=' get a Kona. The guys with real mountains ride those things into the ground and they don't give up.[/quote']

Man! When my parents moved 2 months ago they let an old Kona Fire Mountain go... For free...Cry Bike had basically zero mileage on it. Wish I was there to claim it.

looks nice. .  except for the big headset

Ya, Im thinking its probably convertable to one of those 1''- 1.5'' jobbs that fox are making OEM for some bikes Dont know why this didnt come out with one though, mabe they will be avalable aftermarket 2010.

you guys have to go look at mtbr's Interbike photogalery.. also wish your wallet and your day goodby ...

go look at niner, sram/rockshoxtrue precision oh so many