Yeti vs Ellsworth

likealeopard

Go chat to the Guys at Morningsidecycles. They brought in a whole wack of frames when the Rand was strong.  Each bike bought is buit for you and your budget.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have attempted to kill my yeti with crazy rocky descents 1 million times and it just won't die. It is a 2004 cast iron Wink 575. Get the Yeti!!!

Besides "Elsworth" sounds like a poncy, ginger haired, gay, english cricketer. 

If you are prepared to ride a bike that rides like its name...like an animal then gom the other way...no redeemng features unless you are in the Himalayas.

I have attempted to kill my yeti with crazy rocky descents 1 million times and it just won't die. It is a 2004 cast iron Wink 575. Get the Yeti!!!

Besides "Elsworth" sounds like a poncy' date=' ginger haired, gay, english cricketer. 
[/quote']

Reason enough to take the Yeti.Big%20smileBig%20smileBig%20smileBig%20smileBig%20smile

the tortured geometry of the Yeti has never appealed to me,

so I would go with Elsworth, even though the extra expense just buys you bragging rights.

Yep' date=' and its a biiiiigggg wheels. No little wheels in the neck of the woods.[/quote']

Yip the 29", you kept asking me if I was ok at Babbas smiley36.gif

We went for a easy ride but evertime we stopped you came past without looking like stressing and straining - killed us............

Slightly off topic...

A couple of years ago I was in the market for a longer travel full bouncer.  Bigger than a 575.  Had a look at the Rogue, the Epiphany an Orange Patriot 66 and the Yeti AS-X.

Ellsworth were nice, but the cheap acid wash look didn't impress.  Cost of the Ellsworths were prohibitive.

Orange Patriot was nice, the cheapest of the bunch but lacked the build quality of the other 2 brands.

Yeti had the pedigree, the build quality and a do-able price.

If you want a more exclusive ride, get the Ellsworth.  The Yeti is as capable but quirky frame shape doesn't do it for me.  A properly painted EW would probably look the shizzle.  If you're willing to cut your left testicle off....

As for performance, I think they're all pretty much the same...

You should ride the Ellsworth, get to your local dealer and take a ride, it feels great, everything works well.

I have a Gary Fisher 29"  Hardtail as well and when it comes to deciding the Ellsworth wins 90%of the time.

You should ride the Ellsworth' date=' get to your local dealer and take a ride, it feels great, everything works well.

I have a Gary Fisher 29"  Hardtail as well and when it comes to deciding the Ellsworth wins 90%of the time.
[/quote']

What's the weight of your Evolve??

We went for a easy ride but evertime we stopped you came past?without looking like stressing?and straining - killed us............

I wish.... smiley36.gif 2nd lap was a killer. It was HOT!

My Evolve has been built for training and long hours, so its XTR complete, Chris King headset, BB, Hubs on 29er Arch Stans Rims with Conti Mountain Kings and Candy SL pedals with Ritchey WCS bars, seatpost and stem on my little bike scale comes in at 13.2kg ready to ride.

I Belive Stans has brought out a rim on a DT SWiss hub that will see a wheel weight in the region of 1400 for pair, me dont really like tooooo lite items.

Guest RiverRat

1. go to morningside for the excellent service. no matter what you buy you will be happy with them. they looked after 50+ bikes at the epic, no charge - we only paid for parts !

2. Yeti has been excellent for me and msc back it up better than any bike brand in this country. these days the yeti is actually good value if you look at some of the rediculous prices out there.