Face Plant

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi there' date='

?

I'm new to this sport and I'm having the time of my life.? :-)? I love greeting others and smiling, as well as giving encouragement to my fellow 'fatties'.? Saying thank you and morning to the marshalls seems to make their day and mine.

?

I'm a 'fattie' on 'dikwiels' so you skinnies had better watch out - I'm getting there.? :-))?? I'll be the one breezing past your skinny a$$ one day and greeting you.

?

Michelle

aka Puncture Girl
[/quote']

an opening gambit that's more of a gauntlet...well done, michelle! welcome to the hub!

Hi' date=' I'm Dirt*girl and I am a greeter! Fatties and skinnies (which I dont see often cos I only ride dirt).....he he![/quote']

I bet everyone greets you DGWink

Bos, again you are right - Morning Dirt*Girl!

Morning you all! and what a grrrr88888 morning it is!Big%20smile

just remember that the people you dont greet might be the ones coming past  you as you have used your last bomb or patch and now have to ask for assistance!!

9/10 times I greet

fruity' date=' you only greet the laaadddeeeeeeeesss LOL
[/quote']

How did you know Shocked

Hi' date=' I'm Dirt*girl and I am a greeter! Fatties and skinnies (which I dont see often cos I only ride dirt).....he he![/quote']

I bet everyone greets you DGWink

Bos, again you are right - Morning Dirt*Girl!

Morning you all! and what a grrrr88888 morning it is!Big%20smile

The sun is shining into my office here where I sit and I can see some blue'ish" sky" after the rain yesterday. My hands are tender from wreanching til 1am last night. Eselfontein is comming up this weekend. I live for that race.. Its the best race on the callender, period. That happens saturday, we are going to camp tomorrow night, and saturday.. big Fire, Guitar, one or two beersEmbarrassed and ah talk about the race!...60km of singletrack in 70 km.. ti takes as long as the caroo to coast. So I had to dustoff the Blur.. give it some Luving..Im in love all over again..

So Yes.. Im feeling it. What a GREAT morning!

Anybody that does not greet is a sour old prune with no manners!!

(Normally the very old toppies and the young windgat wanabee hardcore dudes)

I greet everbody from the runners and the slow people i pass to even the sour prunes who dont greet back.

The only time i do not greet is when its not safe to do so.( going +- 70km/h downhill in a 70 zone with cars +- 40 cm away from you.Did it only twice....almost sh%t myself both times!!!)

In short i will greet you because i have manners.If you dont greet back,its no skin of my nose.
Evo-R2009-10-08 02:09:59

I am generally a greeter, but if you are up early and making your way home when everyone else is only starting thier rides you hardly have time to put your hand on your bars with all the waving - think Main Rd on the weekends.

After a while, I stop 'cos I am the only chop doing it and I need both hands on the bars to dodge pot holes and glass.

It seems like a lot of roadies (The non greeting type) are getting into mountain biking, 'cos you get a lot of funny looks if you greet anyone in Tokai on a busy weekend morning.
splat2009-10-08 02:26:01

Anybody that does not greet is a sour old prune with no manners!!

(Normally the very old toppies and the young windgat wanabee hardcore dudes)

I greet everbody from the runners and the slow people i pass to even the sour prunes who dont greet back.

The only time i do not greet is when its not safe to do so.( going +- 70km/h downhill in a 70 zone with cars +- 40 cm away from you.Did it only twice....almost sh%t myself both times!!!)

In short i will greet you because i have manners.If you dont greet back' date='its no skin of my nose.
[/quote']

I think you have summed it up perfectly  Evo-R !!!

I always greet, and it pays off.

I was on my MTB a few weeks ago and couple of riders help me look and find my glasses (dont ask) on the "technical" section next to Lynnwood... they stopped only AFTER I said hi...

I always greet' date=' and it pays off.

I was on my MTB a few weeks ago and couple of riders help me look and find my glasses (dont ask) on the "technical" section next to Lynnwood... they stopped only AFTER I said hi...
[/quote']

Nice try - what happened? Tell all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

When out riding in the plantations I greet the involuntary walkers from a few meters away with a good wave. They usually wave back and so I'm past them before they can haul out their knives and hijack my bike. Has worked so far.... Approve.