HUB DOWNTIME 21-10-2009

Matt

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

and here i was hoping the downtime was to fix the file up load size problem... /sigh..

No problem with uploading... The size is not a problem' date=' it is merely a limit.

Resize / compress your photos/pictures, or alternatively host them somewhere else where you have the control to delete them whenever you want smiley2.gif
[/quote']

whats the reason for the limit? Im no expert, but it cant be that hard to at least make it 500kb right?

Guest Agteros

and here i was hoping the downtime was to fix the file up load size problem... /sigh..

No problem with uploading... The size is not a problem' date=' it is merely a limit.

Resize / compress your photos/pictures, or alternatively host them somewhere else where you have the control to delete them whenever you want smiley2.gif

[/quote']

whats the reason for the limit? Im no expert, but it cant be that hard to at least make it 500kb right?

Just imagine how much space will be taken up by all those oversized pictures...

Web wervers are rarely owned outright, and you rent based on specs...Also, with narrowband being the way it is in the R of SA, do you really want to load a gazillion 0.5MB pictures per page?

well, so what about all the space? a bunch of 100kb pics add up eventually anyway. HDD space is dirt cheap these days. I would prefer a mature reply like : "we cant really afford more space, so apologies if we are not exactly inline with 21 century expectations for a great web experience", instead of that slope shouldering from agteros (no offence btw). smiley17.gif

?

and yes, I have contributed financially to other forum upgrades, so I do money where my mouth is. Why? cos it benefits me of course, and everyone else. that 100kb limit is a huge pain in the butt, and not just me who knows this. Gripe aside: The hub's pretty damn cool. smiley4.gif

Capricorn2009-10-23 01:33:36

ai.. you totally missed the point tannie. But u wont be the last to do that..

but to answer your misdirected question: nothing pouty that i'm too shy to not leave on the hub smiley2.gif

ai.. you totally missed the point tannie. But u wont be the last to do that..

but to answer your misdirected question: nothing pouty that i'm too shy to not leave on the hub smiley2.gif

it's quite the contrary. All I see out of your post is your utmost need to be able to load something may it be a pic of whatever or whoever Big%20smile. Please resize and load.

shy? humble rather. Embarrassed

humble? ahem.. ?smiley4.gif

and no again, ?the means to satisfy this fictional "utmost need" already exists, but that 'means' is as useful as crossing a raging river by swimming instead of taking the bridge just a few paces downstream. All about ease of use. but you know this already smiley2.gif

Come on capri....what is so hard about resizing? Just another two clicks? hee hee.

But hey, water under the bridge ok.