Bike upgrade

fandacious

Please replace the Raleigh frame with anything else. Even a Silverback will be better. Lots of deals going on the Notice board. The MTB stuff i think you got the message. If shifters are 9 speed the 10sp cluster will not work. I suggest upgrade to 10sp if you can afford it' date=' because 9speed spares is getting very scares lately.[/quote']

Replace the Deda frame with a Silverback?! The 2006 Raleigh frame has quite good geometry and really isn't the worst of your woes.  Don't know why everyone loves bashing Raleigh, especially the current models as the frames are made in the same factories in east as the other major brands.  Joss, you basing this on any facts you care to share with us or are you just a snob?

I also have the 9-speed 105 groupset on my bike and found that a 12-25 cluster help loads with climbing without too much jumps between gears. Lots less than an mtb cluster!

Spend money on good wheels or go all out and buy a new, light carbon bike.  Go all the way!Big%20smile

Joss will only be satisfied if he is on a CERVELO or some mega buck frame, Joss sell him your Commondale you're trying to flog, and why not a group set as well.

Cannot understand the flack he is taking with the MTB cassette, i have a 12-27 on my bike and it works a charm, much cheaper than Ultegra i tell you and not much heavier either

Willehond i'm not a snob. I just believe that if you are ging to spend money buy quality. You can actualy buy European frames with great back up for reasonably the same price as Raleigh frames. If you want to know what they are PM me.

CERVELO or BMC ????? Why don;t you also look at a Solis for R25k you're getting a stunning peice of machine,  wouldn't mind one myself full SRAM gruppo & a good frame Yummysammajoor2007-05-20 09:59:38

Guest Big H

Joss watse frame ry jy????? Antwoord baie baie baie versigtig want dit kom dalk uit dieselfde fabriek as Raleigh!!!!!!!!

Weet jy big H miskien moet jy jou bepaal by jou dwelm sindikate want ek is DOOD seker jy snuif iets al is dit gom. ek ken vir Joss het lank saam gewerk. die meeste fietse word in dieselfde fabrieke gemaak en "gebrand" daar is fabrieke in Italie en in die oos blok lande slegs die groot vervadigers mmak hulle eie rame dis goedkoper  om iemand anders te kry om jou raam te maak en dit dan te brand

Word wakker

DURA ACE of niks!' date=' swipe die kredietkaart ! Tongue[/quote']

RECORD or nothing, double-swipe the CC! LOL

Seriously, I agree that you will probably be better off selling the your bike and trying to pick up a 2nd-hand upgrade (normal checks apply). Alternatively & in this order:

1) Upgrade to 10s - I'd recommend Ultegra as a value-for-money-without-sacrificing-performance

2) Get a set of lightweight racing wheels to make up the balance of your budget

3) Get carbon bars/stem/seatpost to make up the allowable budget variance

4) Get a full carbon frame when you're annual bonus pays out Wink

Please replace the Raleigh frame with anything else. Even a Silverback will be better. Lots of deals going on the Notice board. The MTB stuff i think you got the message. If shifters are 9 speed the 10sp cluster will not work. I suggest upgrade to 10sp if you can afford it' date=' because 9speed spares is getting very scares lately.[/quote']

I don't ride a Raleigh, and i don't often agree with Big H, but the Raleighs  are made in the same factory as some of the big name brands. There is nothing wrong with them, especially the aluminium models.

As for your cluster, so what if it is made for an MTB, as long as it does the job. If the gear ratios are wrong, by all means change them to your liking. As for 9 speed, even the 07 tiagra group set is 9 speed, so dont worry too much about getting 9 speed spares for the next couple of years.