MTB disc brake noise (cure?)

NotSoBigBen

Meths also works well for cleaning.Ask your local bergie where he got his from.Avid metalic pads tend to bite a bit more and make more noise than other pads.Try their organic,although won't last too long in winter.I use organic in the front and metal at the back.Gives better control in switchbacks when the front brake is a little weaker than the back.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Big H

I wipe the rotors with isopropyl alcohol every time after the bikes has a bath. This ensures that any residue loosened after the wash is removed. I also carry two swabs in my saddle bag just in case.

I have Hope disks with sintered gold pad and up to now they have not squeeled once. I have sueeled a lot with joy since I fitted the Hope Disks.... disks rulz!!!!!!!!

Thanks BigH, will also clean with Isopropyl Alcohol from now on after each bike wash! Anything to keep that noise away!

Bigben

Another thing that seems to help with the avids squeeling is replacing the wave rotor with a stock round xt rotor.

Worked for me. No squeeling whatsoever.

You can also use prepsol to clean the discs. works very well and is easy on/easy off..