Cable Disc Brakes

mtbN00b

I have ProMax mechanical disc, 160 mm rotor (not sure of the precise name).

But whenever i brake it makes a weird sounds and almost feels like if the discs wobbles . the disks looks perfect. I do not have a problem in braking at all.

do you perhaps know what it can be?

Sounds like contaminated pads to me, search the tech section and you'll find a few answers

Probably a bit of dirt causing the noise, i know sintered pads can also be noisy .Check the caliper and disk,maybe 1 of them isnt tightened properly

Wouldnt changing to vees only be necassary if they problematic or are high maintanance or no braking power?

Upgrade to V-brakes.

Before you go that route rather put a stick in your pocket and put that into your spokes if you feel like braking !

Wouldnt changing to vees only be necassary if they problematic or are high maintanance or no braking power?

Naaah! I say it only to get the disc brake apostles pop a vein and draw their guns. Things are too quiet here tonight.

However, I have no doubt that good Vs are far better than cable discs on any day. But a real upgrade would be hydraulic.

Ok, heres a question for You Johan. Im sitting here at home all bikeshops closed I wanted to build a bike across to another frame when I ralize there is a old square taper bb in the frame I wanted to use. how the eff do you get that thing out without the right tools?? I will pay top dolla for some kind of boereraasd as Im now heavely hacked off I wanted to finish this..

Ok' date=' heres a question for You Johan. Im sitting here at home all bikeshops closed I wanted to build a bike across to another frame when I ralize there is a old square taper bb in the frame I wanted to use. how the eff do you get that thing out without the right tools?? I will pay top dolla for some kind of boereraasd as Im now heavely?hacked off?I wanted to finish this..[/quote']

You phone MoreTrails, he's got the tool. And when you collect it from him, you post a bottle of Jamesons to the desert for me instead of that top dollar. And buy him a beer smiley4.gif droo2009-10-29 12:35:16