Diet, endurance and weight loss

skipperw

Skipper, My simple advice to you would be to contact a professional on the matter. their are a number of ways to look at your diet. The most scientific ways is do blood hormone testing and work your meals out accordingly but this is very expensive but extremely accurate. Any nutritionist will be able to help you and most are very affordable. I you would like some contact numbers, give me a shout.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I honestly don't believe you need a dietician' date=' just use common sense and move your arse a lot more![/quote']

Clap, Well said! Where I life there is NO dietician, so I have to make do with what I get from thehubsa and my friends that also cycles. I'm also overweight and have am busy loosing weight and toning by body at a fair pace now.

Would you guys recommend a weight loss product like this to go with the training?

So who knows of a reputable website where I can access a diet plan or alternatively a decent Joburg based dietitian that won't brake the bank.

Daleen Basson works out of VA in Bedfordview and a sports science place on Van Buuren Rd.  She's pretty much down to earth and punts the low GI approach.  Initial visit and 4 wk follow up was around R500, for personalised diet plan and some groovy stats.

Eat less-what hogwash smiley7.gif

You need fuel, lot's of it.

Don't forget that the increase in running mileage will trim you down considerably, that and lot's of self control and discipline.

A dietitian such as Karin Paquay is highly recommended, she will quickly tell you what your bone density, muscle density , water retention and fat content is.

You sadly need this info to be able to achieve the correct weight loss, you don't want to lose weight and later realize that you have lost muscle.

Unfortunately it is a bit more scientific than just eating less or cutting out fats.

Also bear in mind, if you are going to see a dietitian, discipline will determine the end result.

Look at what you are eating and drinking, if you love milkshakes, start hating them, if you love juice, start diluting it, check the fat content in the food you buy, stop comfort snacking, if you want to ,eat fruit (forget bananas)

Eat more protein and be sure to eat a good balance of protein and carbs before a run or cycle...........the list goes on and on, but the moral of the story is that you need someone to tell you more about your body.

i am a comfort eater......and it is comforting.

and i HATE that i Love milkshakes so damn much,

and diluting fruitjuice is like ordering a ladies draught.

But alas SC you are correct

Go and see a good dietician. Went to go and see one a year ago and lost 12kg with ease. And keeping it off. Nothing beats a good eating plan.

• 2 weeks later...

Dear EigerSA,

one needs to be very carefull and understand exactly what the product

does.

Firstly, we are what we eat and if you are overweight or too

heavy, then its for sure not because of the salad leaves that you have

eaten but rather maybe and I say this with the greatest of respect, the pizza or Hamburger http://forum.tour-magazin.de/images/smilies/smile.gif

In any case, the product gives you optimal nutrition while keeping your

blood sugar low, hence opening your fat cells to being accessed for

energy. Part of the initial loss is also water, this is why a

later maintenance is suggested all depending on how much you want to lose.

Average proven loss on the product is 1kg per day, BUT, also linked to how much you actually have to lose, a real BIA measuremnet will suport you here !

If you maintain a low kcal balanced diet, you will not put on the weight, BUT,

and this I am sure you know, more kcal in than what you burn will

result in weight gain.

Squeezy can help you get down on your weight what it cannot do is keep you there unless you also change your habbits.

You can also take Squeezy during your training, in fact you will have more power, or, you can take to low GI squeezy gels, they have a very low OSMOLALITY and absorb better thna anything I have sen to date.

Hope this helped.

NB: I have battled with overweight for all my life, when I finally hit 118kgs some months ago I called it a day, went on a low GI diet and suffered like hell, hunger, cravings, you name it ........... a mate of mine suggested Squeezy, in all fairness, I did not believe him, but I tried and lost and lost and lost and now I am 25kgs lighter :) no loss of energy and my perf has improved. Wish I had this 20 years ago.

agree 100% and if you have the discipline to stick it through thats the was to go, on the other hand, with Squeezy, and this makes the product 100% unique in the world, you reach those golas far quicker with lots and lots and lots of added benefits ................... just try ityou have nothing to lose.

I have just in my area in Germany 60 people on it ..... all of thme have lost weight and all are stunned at the results.

yes, Squeezy Athletic will not only help you lose weight fast, but based on its composition you will only burn FAT and be more energized.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi joey100,

Squeezy is a functional (Sports-Food) product made in Germany - We
provide "Squeezy " to all who are active and want to do more. Based on
a sound knowledge of nutritional science and finally perfectly tailored
to the needs of the human body. This is the basis of "Squeezy". Only
natural ingredients without unnecessary additives.

It makes "Squeezy" so well suited to your own personal needs. It is
simply unbeatable when it comes to more energy & vitality. Squeezy
is subdivided into two distinct product lines:

PERFORMANCE PRODUCTS - For Endurance & Team Sports.

WEIGHT LOSS PRODUCTS - For Targeting Weight Loss "Specific Weight Loss Without The Loss Of Energy and Muscle".

www.squeezyafrica.com

YOUR PERFORMANCE WILL IMPROVE !!!

I love reading this stuff. Man, there are so many MYTHS out there! UN-BE-LIEVABLE!!!

Stuff like cutting out fizzy drinks and coffee helps you loose weight.

Training before breakfast helps you lose weight.

ETC.

Coffee does not make you fat!!! It has almost no nutritional value! It is the sugar and cream IN the coffee that is the problem! Yes, it might slow your metabolism BUT on the flip side it can enhance your performance...

Fizzy drinks don't make you fat - it is the kJ content IN the fizzy drink that i the problem. It is full of simple sugars!!!

Training in the morning will NOT help you lose weight faster! NO WAY!!! In fact, not eating in the morning will slow down your performance. However, it is known to INCREASE your lactic acid threshold when triaining on an empty stoumach.

you are correct, just bear in mind ther are 2 parts to Squeezy,

1. energy range - first time in SA

2. fat burner range - unique in the world and first time in SA