Mudguards?

2wheelsgood

Does anyone know anywhere in Sandton (or JHB north) that sells mudguards for mtbs?

for real mud or spray-on mud? smiley36.gif

ag shame, the guy just asked a question.

Well, Fritz Pienaar should have the BBB or Topeak ones.

Have a look....the things break a lot. 

I know there is a design out of a 2l Coke bottle that you can use as a mud guard.

Good luck!

LOL..I use one...keeps the worst of the mud off off drivetrain! Looks like a palooka but hell..its better than my xmas bonus being used to replace parts

Spiderman is reg , die goed breek verskriklik . Die coke bottel ene werk goed maar is nie vir ouens wat mode bewus is nie

Thought MTB like to be full of mud.........you boys becoming panzies now???

No, you see unlike you racer boys I don't just pull my bike out on weekends and load it on a rack to drive it somewhere before I ride it; I'm on my bike EVERY DAY because my bicycle is my form of transport, and with all the rain recently it's become a bit of a problem to have water and dirt flung all over me while I'm riding to work.

The THE ones look the coolest. I think the Topeak, which is detachable, is more practical tough.

I bought Topeak rear guard about 3 years ago. Used it for exactly 3km and never used it again. Brand spanking new - you can actually have it I you can collect out in the Westrand.

For front - the only one that works is the BBB one (I think they make it, will double check tonight). Its quite short, about 20cm. The fins are just the right width. PM me! I'll send you a picture. We first saw it in Knysna and about 6 months later found them at Cajees I think.

Use to use a THE one that also works well but is relatively big.