What hubs

Speed Devil

JB, what hubs can you sugget for my American Classic carbon wheels?

The front wheel is 18 spoke, radial and the rear wheel is 24 spoke 2 cross. I was thinking of getting a set of DT Swiss 240's, but according to their website they don't make an 18 hole front hubOuch
Speed Devil2009-11-04 13:41:24

How bout American Classic hubs? The problem is that 18 hole front hub... to order one seperatly may be a problem as that spoke count normally come as a wheelset... phone Doug Patterson, he does DT Swiss maybe he can help you out by ordering a hub for you...

18-hole hubs are hen's teeth. Your best best is to attempt getting them as a spare part for 18-hole factory wheels.

But if your wheels are AC, why want new hubs. And if the hubs are buggered, why not get the same again?

18-hole hubs are hen's teeth. Your best best is to attempt getting them as a spare part for 18-hole factory wheels.

But if your wheels are AC' date=' why want new hubs. And if the hubs are buggered, why not get the same again?

[/quote']

In theory couldn't one use a 36 hole hub and use every 2nd hole.

I know it's not very bling. And could possibly be heavier which would defeat the purpose in the first place.

But if your wheels are AC' date=' why want new hubs. And if the hubs are buggered, why not get the same again?

[/quote']

In theory couldn't one use a 36 hole hub and use every 2nd hole.

I know it's not very bling. And could possibly be heavier which would defeat the purpose in the first place.

The theory is good and in practice it works too. Nothing wrong with that. You even SAVE weight over the standard 18-hole hub.

However, when I see a customer with a set of boutique wheels I just know he's not interested in boer-maak-'n-plan solutions.

Personally I'd abandon the wheels rather than find another hub. The problem is that another set of hubs will require different spokes, which means you end up reusing only the rims, which are suspect to start off with.