Changing fork travel

Mackie

Please help, am I able to change the travel on my 2010 Rock Shox Reba Race? Its currently set to 100mm, but I read somewhere that this fork can also run at 120mm travel. Is this right? Can it be done? and if so how?

Rox forks allow for travel change by removing a piece of plastic from the compression rod on the air side.

On some forks you simply move the spacer out of the way, still inside the fork.

First confirm from company data that your fork can go to 120 and then open it and remove the little chock.

Travel can be just about always be changed on top-end forks. However, it affects things like the bike's riding position, negating the perceived benefit of more travel.

I had a Reba Race that I changed to 120, but I know the 2010 range they changed the internals a bit, so JB is right, best check with the guys who brings them in, might be Omnico, but not sure

Thanx JB, is there a step by step guide available that explains/shows how to remove the rod etc? I am Forking dumb when it comes to suspension.

I had a Reba Race that I changed to 120' date=' but I know the 2010 range they changed the internals a bit, so JB is right, best check with the guys who brings them in, might be Omnico, but not sure[/quote']

Omnico are Fox agents

I believe Cape Cycle systems are the agents for rockshox

I agree with JB, check first, but if there's no spacer in the fork then you can't increase travel, also if the bushings can take it. Normally you'll find that a fork that can go to 120mm will be at 120mm out of the factory.

Like Jb says as well that extra 20mm of travel will affect the geometries of the frame, making the angles more "slack" and thus making the bike slower in turning at slow speed...

The change from 100 to 120 will at first feel strange and it will feel like you are not as fast or slow as you use to be , but once you get the hang all that will be forgotten . I don't like these small increments and moved from 100 to 160 . Now I don't make slow speed turns anymore ! smiley36.gif

Thanx guys. Cape Cycle Systems are the RS agents.

Yes you can change the 2010 Reba range's travel 80, 100 or 120mm. I also downloaded the step by steb guide from SRAM's website, so I am good to go.