94.7 Expo

The Pirate

Is it just me or is the Expo getting smaller each year ? Where is the food stalls and celebs ? There is only about 10 or less local bike shops there, I was very dissapointed if you try and compare it to the Argus Expo.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Is it just me or is the Expo getting smaller each year ? Where is the food stalls and celebs ? There is only about 10 or less local bike shops there' date=' I was very dissapointed if you try and compare it to the Argus Expo.[/quote']

Jo will only be there on Saturday - sorry smiley2.gif

Was it very busy when you went?

Perhaps the cost of exhibiting is worked out on the cost of an entry, which may chase off many marginal shops.clivem2009-11-12 05:19:22

My LBS used to be there every year until the costs became rediculous - he said he would have to turn over his entire stock in his shop just to pay for the priviledge of being at the expo - binned that idea and now makes 10 times more money servicing bikes at the Epic Wink (actually I have no idea how much he makes at the Epic)

Was it very busy when you went?

Perhaps the cost of exhibiting is worked out on the cost of an entry' date=' which may chase off many marginal shops.[/quote']

For the amount of floor space it was hectic, with number collection you stand in a long row if you're not licenced.

I saw the guys from Specialized, Eddy Merckx, saw a Volcan or two - a couple of Trek's, hardly any MTB's.  Honestly - it's not a bad expo despite being very small.  The queues are currently very long but they move quickly.  Nice vibe, pretty girls, prettier bikes, I give it 5/10.

Thank goodness I work across the road - the Sandton City parking lot looks like mayhem - use the Alice Lane entrance to Sandton City- lots of parking on the western side.

Is it just me or is the Expo getting smaller each year ? Where is the food stalls and celebs ? There is only about 10 or less local bike shops there' date=' I was very dissapointed if you try and compare it to the Argus Expo.[/quote']

Jo will only be there on Saturday - sorry smiley2.gif

smiley4.gif I must say, as we left the parking, Christoff took our open bay. So at least he is there now.

"Is it just me or is the Expo getting smaller each year ? "

It's you:- policemen look younger, kids have got no respect, you can't understand a word the modern pop singers are saying - GOMS, Grumpy Old Man Syndrome.

Tell us you used to take your bird to the Roxy, see a George Formby movie, have fish and chip supper and the tram ride home, all for less than a sixpence.

"Where is the food stalls and celebs ?"

Umm not at this cycle expo tho' you can get some food upstairs. Celebrity in SA is a helluva relative term in SA; but if it keeps you happy me, Scotty and Holy Roller will be passing through at some point I'm sure and will be available for photos and autograph signing.

"I was very dissapointed if you try and compare it to the Argus Expo"

Well dont then and you wont upset yourself. That is there, this is here. I'd be disappointed if I compared it to a beach for topless bathers in St Tropez, so guess what - I wont.

So relax, get your number and see what there is to see. Expectation reduces happiness; and we all want to be happy, dont we?