iPods and cycling

davem

.For all I care you can have a symphony orchestra with you as long as it does not impede on the other riders.

There you goClap

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I love my ipod when riding...... not cranked full open just enough to ride and spin to the sounds.

Tar me and feather me

I love my ipod when riding...... not cranked full open just enough to ride and spin to the sounds.

Tar me and feather me

Tar and feather? No way... I'm forwarding this to the taliban... There be an afkakistan rocket headed your way...

I'm off to go and pre register for the Tygerberg MTB Club funride and will be listening to ride your bicycle Queen in the car on my way there.I will not impede on anyone.Lekker Friday 13th all.

The weight depends on whether you are listening to heavy metal or light classical.

So you mean the difference between an electric guitar and a cello? Wait, what about all these metal bands that have a song accompanied by a full orchestra?

If that's your concern, you should listen to Fatima Mansions covering a Bryan Adams classicWink

Ipods don't belong in any form of cycling races. Not only are you p!ssing off the riders trying to pass you (ever notice how its only the slow guys that wear ipods?), you are compromising your, and more importantly fellow riders' safety.

yea well I iPaq not iPod  and   you  will also notice us slow riders smile more.

If you are still able to hear important sounds like a hooter or soemone yelling I dont believe there is a safety issue. And another plus, also drowns out that inate chatter from others than can sometimes get very tedious 

kosmonooit2009-11-13 06:58:56

I used to ride all the time with music but stopped on mtb rides because you slip up on all the sounds of nature and one needs to communicate with other riders to give way etc  and often there are greetings exchanged ... but I do miss the tunes and beats to give me pace and lift my soul.

For road rides like 94.7 I am def. going to be listening to music BUT the earpieces I use do allow me to hear whats going on around me (as one should) I think the earpieces that cut off all exernal sounds are silly if not dangerous.

I agree. When mtb-ing, it's a waste to listen to music ( for me!), but on the road I need all the help I can get.  And music does exactly what you say. I cycle on busy roads and I hear the cars and trucks, because I chose the right earpieces.  But to cycle 60km + without music will be the cause of my death - too boring!Confused

I ride with my MP3 in one ear. If I am in a pack and need to concentrate a bit more on what is going on then I take it out and put it back later. If the racing snakes are flying past the slowbies then .....what are you doing there in the first place???

Enjoy the sights and SOUNDS of JHB, looking forward to the drag up the M1.

I'm off to go and pre register for the Tygerberg MTB Club funride and will be listening to ride your bicycle Queen in the car on my way there.I will not impede on anyone.Lekker Friday 13th all.

I'm jealous! Have extra fun on behalf of me!  It's going to be an awesome day and ride.