FPC Crap Service

chuck

Chuck: Soen jy jou vrou met daai mond? Hoop nie so nie.

MJ: Sou jy 'n frame swop doen vir 'n ou wat dit doelbewus vir 8 weke deur sy alie probeer trek? Dalk sou hulle dit actually gedoen het as jy beter na die ding gekyk het.

Ek lees graag die rant's en rave's en almal het 'n reg om te kla. Maar doen dit op so 'n manier dat jou ma dit ook sou kon lees as sy wou.

My vraag aan jou is: As dit jou besigheid was, sou jy daai frame geswop het nadat iemand dit vir 8 weke lank doelbewus probeer vernietig het. Jy het openlik erken dat jy nie die winkel / distributor se skade probeer beperk het nie (inteendeel: jy het uit jou pad gegaan om skade aan te rig).

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My vraag aan jou is: As dit jou besigheid was, sou jy daai frame geswop het nadat iemand dit vir 8 weke lank doelbewus probeer vernietig het. Jy het openlik erken dat jy nie die winkel / distributor se skade probeer beperk het nie (inteendeel: jy het uit jou pad gegaan om skade aan te rig).

As dit my besigheid was sou ek OOP KAARTE met my kliente gespeel het. En vir die rekord - GT's breek nie sommer nie, al probeer jy ook hoe hard. Ek het myne al vir meer as 'n jaar!!! En as jy dink ek wrap haar in kombersies as ek gaan race, maak jy 'n fout! Ek ry haar hard want GT het gese ek mag!

Klink of jy veel van besigheid of fietsry weet nie.

Maar wag laat ek loop - my goudvis lyk verveeld.

MJ loves MTB2009-11-15 12:38:23

Man, ek het ook al strooi met FPC gehad, maar toe ek die dag 'n centerlock bout soek, wie help my? FPC.

Dit is maar soos koek bak die, soms gaan die nuwe resep  nou net nie reg uit werk nie... Maar op 'n ander dag raak jy maar weer lus, en voila, dit werk!

Slotsom van die saak, moenie as 'n negatiewe verbruiker (lees D@@S) in die winkel in stap nie pappie, want hulle gaan jou nail... Selfde soos 'n waiter, moet hom nie k@K gee nie, en dan spoeg hy nie in jou koffie nie...

Well its like the local LBSs here in Somerset West. The LBS that I believed would give me the best service (as they are the largest) did not even want to sell me a MTB the 3 times I walked in.

By chance I walked into Williams (around the corner) and they not only sold me my first MTB but got my wife to agree with the purchase and doubling my budget. They are now my LBS of choice.

At the end of the day I had bad service with a certain LBS and moved on to the next that gives me excellent service.

Footnote: The unamed LBS in question has since changed owners (not going to speculate) and they also rebranded themselves. I've yet to give the new store another go and perhaps I should.

My LBS has let me down more than once, i remain loyal to them because i am consciously aware that i too have dissapointed client's in my business before, not by choice though.

Everyone makes mistakes, poor judgements etc, but we shouldnt be so quick to shame them in public. (thehubsa)

They have probably pleased way more clients than they have dissapointed......... If your LBS is so ***, and you have raised your issues but had no suitable response, then move on, find another shop.

My LBS has let me down more than once, i remain loyal to them because i am consciously aware that i too have dissapointed client's in my business before, not by choice though.

Everyone makes mistakes, poor judgements etc, but we shouldnt be so quick to shame them in public. (thehubsa)

[/quote']

I agree 100% - been there, done that, and changed my career LOL

They have probably pleased way more clients than they have dissapointed......... If your LBS is so ***, and you have raised your issues but had no suitable response, then move on, find another shop.[/quote']

I reckon one should always give other LBSs a go to set the benchmark and see if your LBS is really the best for you.

I am just so happy this thread is finally in English so I don't have to spend 10 minutes deciphering each post! Geek I have had so many disappointing experiences with bike shops in cape town, yet some of them are the most popular shops around - I think in general, the service you receive depends on who you know by the look of it. I went to Willie Engelbrecht 5 times and not once did a sales person acknowledge my existence - I had to almost beg them to let me spend R10k on a bike; other ppl on here will stand by them to the death... currently I will only use Bridge Cycles as far as possible, not because they are the best at anything, but just because I actually feel welcome in the shop, they are always willing to help out (with a smile!), and haven't charged me the last 3 times I've taken my bike there (to change a stem/adjust the gears/remove my rear derailleur). I was so happy at not being charged that I bought more than R300 worth of unnecessary stuff each time!

I am just so happy this thread is finally in English so I don't have to spend 10 minutes deciphering each post! Geek I have had so many disappointing experiences with bike shops in cape town' date=' yet some of them are the most popular shops around - I think in general, the service you receive depends on who you know by the look of it. I went to Willie Engelbrecht 5 times and not once did a sales person acknowledge my existence - I had to almost beg them to let me spend R10k on a bike; other ppl on here will stand by them to the death... currently I will only use Bridge Cycles as far as possible, not because they are the best at anything, but just because I actually feel welcome in the shop, they are always willing to help out (with a smile!), and haven't charged me the last 3 times I've taken my bike there (to change a stem/adjust the gears/remove my rear derailleur). I was so happy at not being charged that I bought more than R300 worth of unnecessary stuff each time![/quote']

Its the secret marketing campaign .... LOL ... my LBS also makes you feel welcome and give you free advice that saves you stacks. You end up going there on a regular basis and walk out with something nice you noticed on the shelf.

.....I am still waiting for the following quotes from FPC in no particular order:

1)  Tires (5 months)

2)  Price on a frame (6 months)

3)  Price for a shock (18 months)

So my money gets spend at CRC......

Good cyclist don't necesarrely make good bicycle salesman..... in fact I found that good cyclist makes for arrogant, useless bicycle salesmen that are more interrested in chatting with their colleauges about koeitjies en kalfies....

.....I am still waiting for the following quotes from FPC in no particular order:

1)  Tires (5 months)

2)  Price on a frame (6 months)

3)  Price for a shock (18 months)

So my money gets spend at CRC......

Good cyclist don't necesarrely make good bicycle salesman..... in fact I found that good cyclist makes for arrogant' date=' useless bicycle salesmen that are more interrested in chatting with their colleauges about koeitjies en kalfies....

[/quote']

Point taken. You have stated the facts, didn't personal or emotional about this and have taken your business elsewhere. All that is now required is to mail the shop and cancel the order due to lack of service received.

I was contacted by Irvin, the area manager, this morning and was informed that although he would not like to loose a customer he is more than willing to return the money for the voucher. I really appreciated the fact that he called me and i might still consider spending the money there. Irvins professional attitude may very well have turned this around for me. BTW I have never had any issues with FPC in Brooklyn but don't use them a lot because it's far from me.

To close this I don't think that I need to justify my reaction (seem like some people feel I need to) because I'm the type of person who gives praise for good service just as easily as for poor service.

Ek is seker dat as jy n thread begin wat rant en rave oor swak diens by fiets winkels dan gaan omtrent elke persoon hier n storie kan vertel oor omtrent elke Fietswinkel waar hulle al ooit was.....

Ek het wel nog net goeie diens gehad by FPC.... Die 1 op die hoek van Duncan en Lynnwood is baie nice. Vra vir Kevin daar....

Ek het nog altyd goie diens gehad by Bouwer Broers in Voortrekkersweg in Pretoria. Nie 'n shiny en gltzy winkel nie en hulle hou dalk nie alles aan nie, maar as hulle dit nie het nie kry hulle dit vir jou of hulle se reguit hulle kan dit nie kry nie.

I must say that service from bike shops vary highly from day to day, one day you might meet the right guy in the shop, they have stock etc and all is well, the next time they are busy and you get someone else who doesn't know his stuff etc. 

I've built a relationship with the lbs where I bought my bike and they are friendly and helpfull.  But when it comes to fitting stuff and getting stock it always seems to be an issue - 'they don't know' blah blah.  They also manage to screw up stuff they fit to the bike - like fitting a derailler but not adjusting cable tension etc. 

Puts me in a bit of a conundrum as I know this isn't right but to me it's all the same everywhere, or am I just having bad luck ?

The bike shops with good reputations seem to have a few things in common:

1. They are typically smaller shops

2. They build a relationship with the customer

3. The owner is actively involved in the shop

If you have built up a good relationship with the shop, and something is not satisfactory, you would be more inclined to take it up with the owner and talk it out, instead of washing your dirty laundry on the hub.

There will always be a place for the "Hypermarket" type cycling shops that carry all the major brands and offers a cheaper product, but you will also get a conveyerbelt type mentality when it comes to servicing your pride and joy and the sales experience. I support a small shop that is not the cheapest, they are booked up weeks in advance for services and they have 3 or 4 brands, but they don't make mistakes on my bike and won't replace anything if it is not required. On occasions I'd get a bee in my bonnet about something I want for my bike and instead of just selling it to me, they'd give me the correct advice on if it is something that would enhance my riding experience.

You can't take your Ferrari to Toyota for a service and expect them to apply the same care that you'd get at Viglietti.

• 5 months later...

I am trying to buy a Specialized bike from FPC - the only supplier is Pta - NO LUCK - 2 weeks since it was ordered. Is Specialized or FPC DeadDeadDead???????