Motorists behaving... like motorists

pbp2007

20091115_215828_car_in_cycle_la.jpg

Or, another good reason to avoid bike lanes.

One of at least a dozen that sneaked through to avoid a tailback of, oh, maybe 200 metres. Wetton Road, eastbound on the bridge over the M5 at Youngsfield. This happens often.

Consequently, I now treat all motorists as lawless vermin.

... er, except when I'm driving.

* At more or less this same spot two years ago I was similarly undertaken. Even though it took place alongside a no-overtaking sign, clearly undertaking wasn't considered illegal.

The bizarre thing about this incident that it took place under the noses of a pointsman and three other officers in cars at the pre-Argus cycle tour children's ride. When I mentioned this quite forcefully, I was basically told to buzz off.

This is the very reason I keep an eye on my rear-view mirror when negotiating traffic jams, and upon sight of one of the "yellow-laners" I promptly block them. Pisses them off no end, but I like to think I stop at least some of the lawlessness by myself. That, and get a good chuckle as they swear, gesticulate and vent steam in my direction. I go about 10cm to a foot inside the yellow, and then they can't do anything but stay behind me...

It's a pet hate of mine...

Are we not now farting against thunder........ 7,2 kg agains 2500kg?????? Huh..... huh.....??????

By the way I saw quite a lot of bikers behaving REALLY badly whilst cycling in the Cradle yesterday....... I wunder if they had a meeting with Cradleresident as well at Teak?????????

Guest colonel

Weight makes no difference and 2 wrongs dont make a right. Both parties are to blame and need to pull up their socks.

Weight makes no difference and 2 wrongs dont make a right. Both parties are to blame and need to pull up their socks.

I agree about the socks issue....... but you do not scratch a lions @ss with a piece of grass....... if that 2500kg hits you on your 7,2kg the sh*t taste in your mouth will be the last thing you taste!!!!!!!!
Big H2009-11-16 00:36:28

I agree about the socks issue....... but you do not scratch a lions @ss with a piece of grass....... if that 2500kg hits you on your 7' date='2kg the sh*t taste in your mouth will be the last thing you taste!!!!!!!!
[/quote']

You also do NOT demand your piece of the roadway like some people in the Cape Colony insists...... THAT is stoopit and borders on lunacy!!!!!!!!

Who rides a bike as heavy as 7.2kg nowadays?? ;-)
.......... no no no that is WITH your pump, tubby bag, water bottles and iPod!!!!!!!

Who rides a bike as heavy as 7.2kg nowadays?? ;-)
.......... no no no that is WITH your pump' date=' tubby bag, water bottles and iPod!!!!!!![/quote']

I still only manage 7kg max Wink

what ipod do you have ? 1 terabyte LOL

I'm going to start using pepper spray on all motorist that drive k@k' date=' that'll teach them a lesson or 2 [/quote']

Ya got good medical insurance??????? o ja ....... get a verrrrry good lawyer as well....... and sum munny for bail!!!!!!

I'm going to start using pepper spray on all motorist that drive k@k' date=' that'll teach them a lesson or 2 [/quote']

Ya got good medical insurance??????? o ja ....... get a verrrrry good lawyer as well....... and sum munny for bail!!!!!!

Nie almal is so stadig soos oom nie!  Tongue

Van ons kan actually vir hulle weg ry!!  ClapBig%20smile

Em het jou naam rang en nommer........ swaarkry ja swaer swaarkry wag vir jou ........ ekke weet!!!!!!!

Em het jou naam rang en nommer........ swaarkry ja swaer swaarkry wag vir jou ........ ekke weet!!!!!!!

Oom praat hier met 'n getroude man met 'n DOGTER vir 'n babatjie.........swaarkry is maar een deeltjie van dit......niks maak my meer bang nie!!  TongueTongueTongue

If I was not driving this morning I could have posted a pic of a car in the cycling lane....and wait for it...someone peeing next to the road...

All in one picture, I could have made someones day on the hub. Posting 2 wrongs in ONE picture...

Unfortunately there was no cyclists riding side by side, to complete the package

smiley1.gif