94.7 " Dad tows his kid"

Silverstreak

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well done to the Dad. I passed him twice yesterday on the N14 (Stopped at a watering hole and then passed him again). It was hot as hell and he just kept going at a pretty decent pace. His son looked like he had cerebral palsy and it looked to me like Dad was showing his son the 94.7 experience. Was so breathless that all i could tell "Dad" as passed him was "respect" to which he gratiously replied "Thanks"

I saw them when they came in. His son was proudly showing everybody that they passed his medalThumbs%20Up. That sort of gave me a lump in my throatEmbarrassed. steynja2009-11-16 14:13:04

Same goes for AJ Venter and partner! Boys did the race in Motorcycle leathers and helmets for charity! Saw the dad too just after the N14! Big ups to all the charity riders!

This is lump in the throat stuff and what life is all about- caring for each other. Big thumbs up to this dad, I am sure his son will remember it for the rest of his life.

just wanna know for interest sake .... team hoyte use a seat on the front of the bike ... this must make the bike a real real mission to handle in terms of steering.

How difficult would it be to have a trike, with 2 wheels in front and one at the back ?

How difficult would it be to have a trike' date=' with 2 wheels in front and one at the back ?

[/quote']

Ask the old ice cream vendors!smiley9.gif

LOL gasping !

I was thinking about the images of team hoyte - that bike must be soooo hard to handle. In the wind of CT the last thing I would want is to fall. Maybe an "ice-cream" type design would be better.

Thanks Ziggy ! If ever -for what ever reason - this Dad "Champion" cannot do the race - I will gladly pull his " Humanity Sleigh" . When i see this picture - he inspires me to live life to the full ! He has become my Local Hero !

Thanks to all for the great messages & responce to my post !! There are great people out there & the cycling community has shown - that we aint all rubbish ! Fantastic messages to this "Champ of a Dad " ! I hope he gets to read all the messages ! Clap Man , I am in such "awe" of this Dad !