CWC WINS COURT CASE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CWC Online

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

there was seizure of assets some months back so I suspect it was a commercial case.

In a nut shell, Dragon sports took exception to CWC importing Mavic wheels directly and selling at discounted prices.

So they laid a charge of trafficking in counterfiet goods and all Mavic wheels without a serial number on was seized as counterfeit ( ithin k you can see the shakiness of the case already....)

CWC contested of course and a court date was set. thats where the information trail went cold.

So now CWC is posting info on their victory, join the dots and there we go.

Charges were most lilkey laid at Bellville police station and the case heard in Bellville Magistrates court.

Not sure if a High court was warranted in this case. I could be wrong.

Either way, this is good news for SA cyclists because it means there is still competition....

which raises another question...

Holy what you are saying makes no sense either. How is a component manufacturer taking a distributor to court ensuring that the Brand is protecting its local suppliers?

I must be missing something.

Thanks for all the support we got from all the clients around the country. Just to answer some questions.

Holy Roller - We appeared a few times in the Bellville court. The final hearing and results was gevin on the 25 November - last week.

Paulus; backup. We give a full backup on all the stock we import. I dont think that we have had 1 unhappy client which could not get replaced if they had a problem.

Anyway let me move on. The phones are ringing and our clients are buying up all these lovely specails.
Chris Willemse2009-12-01 07:41:56

Either way' date=' this is good news for SA cyclists because it means there is still competition....

[/quote']

I think that information trail has also gone cold if not squashed under a lot of pressure...

Holy what you are saying makes no sense either. How is a component manufacturer taking a distributor to court ensuring that the Brand is protecting its local suppliers?

I must be missing something.

the component manufacturer was protecting its official agent.

Holy Roller - We appeared a few times in the Bellville court. The final hearing and results was gevin on the 25 November - last week.

thanks for the info' date=' chris.

Either way' date=' this is good news for SA cyclists because it means there is still competition....

[/quote']

I think that information trail has also gone cold if not squashed under a lot of pressure...

i've heard that that trail has not ended.holy roller2009-12-01 20:47:31

Hey Chris. Congrats on the win. Don't you want to take on the crazy people at Zipp next. I mean those proces are crazy and we could all do with a 50% discount...LOL

Well done Chris.

If I understand it correctly you import the goods directly and bypass the official agent/distributor in SA?

It?s about time that someone starts taking on the local bike industry that clearly have a monopoly on pricing in this country , a big thumbs up to CWC! <?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

<P style="MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 0pt" =Msonormal><FONT face=Calibri>It?s about time that someone starts taking on the local bike industry that clearly have a monopoly on pricing in this country ' date=' a big thumbs up to CWC! <?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>[/quote']

you're a wee bit behind, aren't you? smiley17.gif