Iets waarna die tydhouers moet na kyk

gatiep

As jy kyk na die argus se inskrywings sien jy dat 35000 inskryf, nadat die uitslae uitkom sien jy net 26000 het klaar gemaak.

Nou wonder ek net. hoekom het die PPA nie 'n DNF kategorie om die ware beeld van elke prettrap te gee.

Waarom word net die mense wat oor die lyn ry se tyd aangetoon, maar daardie ouens wat 'n swak race ry, en besluit om nie oor die eindstreep te gaan ook aan te toon.

As jy 'n race begin, moet jy mos iewers eindig, en as jy nie klaarmaak of oor die mat gaan moet jy mos 'n DNF annteken?

hmmm... also might be a few thousand no-shows. With the new system, everybody rushes to get entries. For just in case they want to ride. And then, something happens. Now, lets see , say 5000 were no shows, 1.5m entries, for nobody. I think no -shows should be penalised. Or some kind of deposit given, you start, you get it back. Because someone else who really could would have been able to ride.

Maybe they should Create the DNF category for  those that started and never finished as well as the ones that entered and never started the race. Then give them a time of equal to the slowest time plus 10 minutes for seeding purposes.

But then there must be an option to with draw from a race before the race and also for those that are involved in a accident ot has mechanical failures.

Who cares about the seeding. remember they only use your best 1,2 or three results. this idea just adds more admin and then probably more cost.

Gatiep,

Happens with every big race in the country.  Argus claims 35 000+ entries and 26 000 finishers; The 94.7 25 000 entries and 18 000 finishers...Many are simply no-shows, as Cervelo said.  You rush to enter, pay your 180 bucks and then eventually just don't train/ride etc.  In some funrides in the Western Cape we see a different trend....more people finish than are officially entered Thumbs%20Down

The difference between entries and timed finishers will also include:

People who don't buy a chip, maybe one-off riders and people from abroad;

People with a chip who don't want their time to register and don't go over the mats;

People who forgot their chip (me last week) and didn't hire one.

No need to be hard on folk who are asked to enter an event in September that's far away in time and space.

The organizers must plan for dropouts - if everyone showed up the middle riders through Simonstown would be held off the ground by their shoulders in the crush.

For the Argus a chip is compulsory and they check to see if you have one on before going into your start pen, whether its your chip or not is a different story, i know of strong riders that have worn their mates to give them a good seeding. 

Guest Big H

I fail to see why this is an issue. Championchip shows this after every race. If ARGUS scores the munny on these 9000 individuals they surely went through all the motions to procees these individuals particulars. They are NOT legible for any refunds!!!!!!

Ouens ek dink die snotneus bedoel die wat getime word as jy oor die begin mat ry teenoor die wat by die einde oor gaa.

Obviously die tekkie brigade wat nie worry oor dir chip, ry nie eens die Argus.

Dis hoe ek dit verstaan.

Maar dit maak sin. Gaan kyk na die Epic site se results. as jy begin in Knysna word jy iewers in 'n kategorie geplaas en "Did not Finish" bestaa. Dit gee mos 'n werklike beeld van wat die race is.

• 2 weeks later...
In some funrides in the Western Cape we see a different trend....more people finish than are officially entered Thumbs%20Down

ya, we can just think of the things you scaly capies come out withLOLLOLLOL