Another Attack.....

Gert Janse v Rensburg

Just got this in a e-mail....

As far as i can Gather this happened this past saterday.

Trust you are fine?

A lucky escape for a few of us. Saturday morning, cycle lab group, five gents in the open veldt near engen garage R21?five brothers jump out from a large clump bushes next to jeep track ? knives and sticks. One of the riders a few meters in front other four (I was fourth in group) get the first knock, stays on bike and tries to race away, fellow with a kitchen knife chases him and manages to stab a gash in back tyre. The rest of us jump off bikes and face these okes, we swear like hell and tell them we going to kill them, two of us with knives pull them and run for the four guys, they get such a fright that we do not run away or give up our bikes that they run into the veldt ? just far enough to stand and look at us, make signs. Koos (Klopper) tells them he has a gun and is going to shoot them (but he does not ? we want to frighten them off) ? they scamper further away, with only one really cheeky bugger who calls us to follow them. The rider whose tyre is slashed evades his chaser and one of the other riders goes to his rescue. We very very the donner in! Sorry that one of us did not have a gun as we would have shot them or at least given them more of a fright.

Spoiled a very pleasant morning, but we happy to have escaped ? what else can we take out of this. The route along the R21 is too hazardous now. Or one simply has to take a gun along. See some guys are doing that, but now you will have muggers going for you to get the guns!

Have a lekka week and be safe whatever you may do

You think it's a credible report?

More names and dates would help.

5 versus 5 seems unlikely as does everyone running away but then history is written by the victors; or in this case, those with web access.

Engen R21 has incidents as we know from numerous Hub threads. I'm surprised Cyclelab go out there, its a long way from home, but what do I know.

Funny, I was thinking the same thing... Look at the use (or rather abuse) of language, as well as the points you mention...

Funny' date=' I was thinking the same thing... Look at the use (or rather abuse) of language, as well as the points you mention...
[/quote']

pedant. Tongue

Funny' date=' I was thinking the same thing... Look at the use (or rather abuse) of language, as well as the points you mention...

[/quote']

pedant. Tongue

Go away.

[/quote']

pedant. Tongue

Go away.

ahh...you no wanna play no more?

I'm so gatvol to hear all these stories. If one then shoots one of these bastards you end up in jail and the criminals walk free because its then a moerse issue.

If they killed one of you guys to steal a cellphone of bike - it would have been something but the cops would not take prints of follow up leads. And even if they do catch them - they will go to the "hotel" for a month or something and then walk free again - only with more criminal stills he learned from his friends back in the cell.

Its a cats 22 for us I tell you. better get the hell out of GP

I know this might be a bit of effort but please pop into the Fritz Pienaar shop at the Southdowns (Irene) centre. They asked their members to report all such incidents that happens in the Centurion area to them . They are compiling a list of all the incidents and will then be presenting it to the police or major or something/someone like that. I think its a great initiative by them seeing that nobody else is taking action against these criminals

Very credible! Walked into Cycle Lab Centurion as these guys came back! Scary stuff!

Thanks for confirming it.