Bike insurance

mark ellis

Specified items ... worked out cheaper ....

It does' date=' but your specified all risks doesn't cover your bike while racing - only training.

[/quote']

Nope: covered whilst racing too

Just make sure of this dude... Possible, but unlikely...

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Outsurance with all my other household and cars, but they have cycle specific that covers you even in race and when training.

is there a policy that one can pay for an amount of cover, but not bike specific. It is a pain swopping MTB and ROAD bike on the policy each time.

Have you guys tried pedalcare.

My versekering is by hulle. Hul diens is baie goed, maar hulle is nodal duur. Jou bybetaling is 10% van jou claim met 'n minimum van

R500. As jy meer as een keer 'n jaar claim dan moet jy nog 'n ekstra R1000 ook betaal. Cry

My versekering is by hulle. Hul diens is baie goed' date=' maar hulle is nodal duur. Jou bybetaling is 10% van jou claim met 'n minimum van

R500. As jy meer as een keer 'n jaar claim dan moet jy nog 'n ekstra R1000 ook betaal. Cry
[/quote']

I'm also with Pedalcare. My premiums are in line with what they would be through Cyclesure.

The 10% excess isn't too bad if you consider that the Cyclesure 5% excess excludes theft/hijacking and wheel damage. For these two events, CS also charges a 10% excess.

is there a policy that one can pay for an amount of cover' date=' but not bike specific. It is a pain swopping MTB and ROAD bike on the policy each time. [/quote']

Mrs mountain_lion and I each own a road and mountain bike, so 4 bicycles in the house to insure.

When I got quotes end of 2009, Cyclesure offered a reduced premium covering any 2 bicycles outside of the home at any given time.

Was still cheaper though to specify the bikes under all risks with Alexander Forbes who also insure my house contents and car insurance.

I had a bike stolen off a carrier at Kyalami. It was locked onto the Thule carrier but lock and bike was missing so therefore the proof of theft was also missing.

Insurance (can't remember company) told me to voetsak as it was unattended.....

Is the thief supposed to leave a note saying he's stolen your bike .......

All insurance companies suck!!!

I am busy with my insurance to fix my car and they are all full of crap- looking at excuses to not pay. I will give details of what happend later as soon as I hear what's happening with my claim.

All I can say guys is READ THE FINE PRINT and take NOTHING for granted. Specify everything.