Riis stripped of Tour de France title

Pantani

Mintsauce - How dare you assume I have never had reason to forgive.?

I LOST a child and had to forgive.!

Before you assume things again, consider what you are saying.!!!

I shall not even respond further. 
widget2007-06-11 01:57:45

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

good argument gumpole' date=' but why do it knowing that'll blow your team out the water just weeks before the tdf? that's crazy![/quote']

Thats an excellent point - the answer is either:

a. - his sudden guilty conscience and carefully timed confession (after a 10 yr wait) are going to destroy the most important part of the year of an entire racing team that he has built, a team that is innocent - impossible that anybody would be that stupid/selfish/reckless/cruel.

b. - he is hoping that the fact that he 'fesses up', and his good work of late will be enouigh that he will get a light punishment and not lose team CSC as we know it - very likely

c. - he KNOWS that he is going to be bust and risking point b. above seems like a better business strategy than getting caught by others, and definitely being excluded from the TDF, and harsher sanctioning.

my $$ are on point c.

Mintsauce - How dare you assume I have never had reason to forgive.?

Because your post made your stance pretty clear. In my experience forgiveness is usually an all-or-nothing attitude.

I'm sincerely sorry for your loss' date=' but if you can forgive someone such a tragedy, why can you not show some forgiveness to Riis?

Before you assume things again, consider what you are saying.!!!

I do consider what I say on the internet very carefully. It took me an hour and a half to write that little post and i gave particular thought to my direct response to you. Like i said above, your post made your stance pretty clear.