Rider down HARD at the Bike Park

Hog_

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just don't ride a double black diamond trail if you not at the level yet. It is called common sense.

Oh. Thanks. If you don't ask' date=' no-one will tell you.
[/quote']

what the idea is with the bike park, as it was with logwood, is to do the routes from the easiest (blues) without dabbing a foot, before progressing to the greens, and then to the black routes.

hog, is that black trail after angle grinder open yet?

Exactly my point Holy! Do the easiest first and when you are confident of being able to ride the more advanced routes then try them.

I thought green was the easiest' date=' then blue, then black?[/quote']

?

sorryEmbarrassedyou're right. got mixed up?

Dammit - thought I'd just found an excuse for finding the green route so hard smiley17.gif

Another question' date=' Hog, were there 100 people on the particular route at the time?

[/quote']

Uhm, no. It's the middle of the week, so he was the only person riding at the time. Luckily he had a phone with him and was able to phone for help.

hog' date=' is that black trail after angle grinder open yet?[/quote']

No that I know of, but then again I spend most of my time at the Trials course.

hog' date=' is that black trail after angle grinder open yet?
[/quote']

I'd love to know as well, not going back there till there's a challenge for me ...... Wink

I thought green was the easiest' date=' then blue, then black?[/quote']

sorryEmbarrassedyou're right. got mixed up?

Dammit - thought I'd just found an excuse for finding the green route so hard smiley17.gif

LOLwere you doing corkscrew the wrong way?

No that I know of' date=' but then again I spend most of my time at the Trials course.

[/quote']

we must plan a day there soon!

[/quote']

I'd love to know as well, not going back there till there's a challenge for me ...... Wink

kewl, then you can do a skills clinic for us?Big%20smile

Another question' date=' Hog, were there 100 people on the particular route at the time?
[/quote']

Uhm, no. It's the middle of the week, so he was the only person riding at the time. Luckily he had a phone with him and was able to phone for help.

hog' date=' is that black trail after angle grinder open yet?[/quote']

No that I know of, but then again I spend most of my time at the Trials course.

If there was even 1 person behind doing the route at normal speed and you are walking down it then that will end in pain! Often the routes do not have very good visibility due to the vegetation.

hog, is that black trail after angle grinder open yet?

Angle Grinder is a fun ride, did it about 3 x the last time i was there and Space Junk 2 x , but that big small bridge on Angle Grinder next to the Highway is fun but scary, just imagine you fall off the top, long way before you hit the ground.

The last time i've been there they were still busy with Zombie Birdhouse.

Hi,

We must take all the precautions that we can to avoid an accident, but regardless how carefull we can be in some sports things go wrong. Let's just hope that the dude is ok and can go back to enjoying what he was doing,

Regards

Sarge

[/quote']

You appear to have a short memory LOL

20100106_060350_ben.JPG

[/quote']

You appear to have a short memory LOL

20100106_060350_ben.JPG

Who's that dude?

Do you want to walk the Epic route before you ride it?

Just don't ride a double black diamond trail if you not at the level yet. It is called common sense

I hope the rider makes a speedy recovery smiley18.gif

This, to me, is an interesting topic...

I've been riding at Groenkloof 1 or 2 times a week since July. So I know the trails and bends pretty well by now. I'm not a pro; posted a 3h25 at the 94.7 and my best MTB time was 32mins a lap at the 24 hour. However, the 3 ruffest/hardest falls I've had so far happened in the last 2 weeks...

Why??? Because I'm pushing the limits of my skills...

Why??? Because I'd like to get better...

If you don't try to go faster or ride out a steeper/ more technical hill, then you won't get better... You won't learn new skills...

But sometimes you have all the skills, you know the track, you have been warned and still you buy some property...