Wheels

tarryng

Hahahahahaha! I can picture the scene! Even if you wear a stocking over your head, they'll ID you by your Actionphoto number on your helmet!!!smileys/smiley36.gif

<?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

But like the guys say' date=' spending thousands of rands on a weight saving of 400-600grams are silly except if you have spare cash laying around or having a mid life crises, this is in no way shape or form directed at Cruxie[img']smileys/smiley2.gif[/img] I wish my almost sponsor would buy me some pretty bling bling wheels?.that's the only way I'll ever have somesmileys/smiley19.gif

Win SA champs like Robby did and I might just consider it..smileys/smiley2.gif

I just made my bike heavier with 500 grams just in the rear wheel and it cost me a pretty bundle. Not very impressed with myself now. smileys/smiley19.gif

An interesting remark accredited to Tom Ritchey:

"About wheels: Strong, light,cheap:-choose two..."

I just made my bike heavier with 500 grams just in the rear wheel and it cost me a pretty bundle. Not very impressed with myself now. smileys/smiley19.gif

Not sure about that - the SL hub is only around 40gms heavier than a DA rear hub.

Not sure about that - the SL hub is only around 40gms heavier than a DA rear hub.

Maybe one day I will own DA parts.

Rolf Prime Elan (24spk) - 900grams

PT SL / RR1.1 (28spk) - 1400grams

IMHO....

If your ever in the fortunate position to start upgrading your bike, this should be the very first place you should look to upgrade.

A great set of wheels will reduce your rolling resistance by quite a lot.

N.B. Please note, its pointless to buy yourself a decent set of racing wheels, and then skimp on the tyres and tubes. So when you get the wheels, splash out and buy a decent set of foldable racing tyres to go along with them. Trust me, that too makes a huge difference.

An interesting remark accredited to Tom Ritchey:

"About wheels: Strong' date=' light,cheap:-choose two..."

[/quote']

Actually, Keith Bontrager.  Sorry - just the pedant in me.

WW - agree full with the comment about tyres.  In fact, buy good tyres now.  They are probably the most important part of the bike aside from a saddle that fits your butt.

No one has mentioned Campag Bora's... I drooll when I see a set of these. A nice Cervelo with a set of Bora's hmmm... Yep If only the money was lying around.

smileys/smiley5.gif