Are Shimano MTB shoes any good?

jugheaddave

Hi Guys

Looking at buying a pair of Shimano MTB shoes, not sure of the model, but they retail at around R1400.

Any one had experience with Shimano MTB shoes good/bad??

I ride with shimano shoes. No problems so far, I find them nice and comfy.

But in all fairness, my last and only other pair of shoes were the bottom of the range Olympics. So I havn't tried too many shoes to compare. Never the less, I'm happy

I have had a pair for approx three years now and have found them to be both comfortable and durable - no problems.

I had Adidas for some 3 year and loved them. Then won pair of Shimano's and love them too. The real difference to me was that Adidas's nose box is quite narrow but nice high bridge, Shimano nice wide nose box but hardly any bridge.

On my second pair of Shimanos and learned that the cleats you fit must be Shimano. The fakes seems to be 1mm narrower at the back and hence stuggles to unclip

Advise on shoes - buy synthetic material. Leather retains water and shrinks when wet. Mesh helps to drain water out and dries out quickly.

I am using Shimano shoes at the moment, not sure which model, were about R1200 from cycle-lab, got the three velcro straps and two carbon peices in the sole

Find them very comfy and have not had any probs with them.

Must be honest, I got them as a spare pair while wating to get a pair of Sidi dragons end of the month, but am seriously thinking about just using them the shimanos now,

very happy

In that price range you will be happy with the shimano's . have had many pairs and my current pair that i love the most just wont die , ( they about 6 years old ) . i have even used them in a few bmx races. keep telling myself i will get new shoes as soon as these give up the go but they never say die!

Good advise by Borriz , go synthetic ! they last longer.

Happy shopping.

GREAT SHOES!! specially if you have wide feet.

Battled a bit with Sidi's being Narrow. (nothing wrong with them, just a bit tight for me)

Shimano= a good choice