Assos Uno S5 Bib vs. Capestorm Nitro Bib

M Hickley

Assoss style and quality is great!

Hope to have something very similar soon to offer all you guys. INt quality and local prices.!

I have both and for me, the Assos are definitely worth the extra R800. They're much more comfortable and the just seem to fit me better.

A more difficult question is whether the Assos are worth the extra R1200 over a pair of CS Matrix bibs. If I had lots of spare cash, I'd get the Assos, but I wouldn't sacrifice anything to find that extra R1200.

I have both and for me' date=' the Assos are definitely worth the extra R800. They're much more comfortable and the just seem to fit me better.

A more difficult question is whether the Assos are worth the extra R1200 over a pair of CS Matrix bibs. If I had lots of spare cash, I'd get the Assos, but I wouldn't sacrifice anything to find that extra R1200.
[/quote']

The answer to the Assos Uno vs Matrix is a definite yes, Assos is way better. I have both. I find that the Matrix and Assos both perform well up to about 4hrs in the saddle and then the Matrix starts hurting me.

No question about it. The S5 Uno's rock - I rode the whole Epic in them last year, not a single saddle sore and felt comfy the whole race.

Ok then so if you don't ride so long then the CS is actually better value ?

I likes the old Matrix but the pas has been changed so the nitro has its old pad.  Bought 2 nitros, very nice.  Taking one back though coz after one ride and no washing before, the reflective stuff is pealing off !

Ok then so if you don't ride so long then the CS is actually better value ?

I likes the old Matrix but the pas has been changed so the nitro has its old pad.  Bought 2 nitros' date=' very nice.  Taking one back though coz after one ride and no washing before, the reflective stuff is pealing off !
[/quote']

The CS is good value for money for shorter rides.

I use my Cape Storm bibs for short rides of 90 minutes or less.

I use my Assos bibs for longer rides of 90 minutes plus.

Both products valuable for different uses!   smiley2.gif

did ride2rhodes last year in capestorm matrix - there were some pretty long days, but no bum-issues. haven't owned assos ever (prefer to spend rather the money on adventures) so can't compare , though ...

Well in the cs shorts 3 hour races on a hardtail with an slr xc saddle give me no issues, but I guess your @ss needs to get used to it....

Have not tried assos, might if i ever do the epic or such, but otherwise I don't see the need for me.  would need to insure my shorts as well hehe !