CAJEES Again!

Wheelsuck

The Park Tool pump that I got as gift about a year ago was giving faulty pressure readings. Took it back to Cajees in Strubensvalley. Willem booked the Pump in on the16th Jan.  On Friday I received a call that my pump would be replaced by Park Tool-Well Done Park Tool. On arriving at the store I was given my pump and told that I had to pay R120. I asked Willem what it was for he said that Park Tool said so. I asked Willem to get Park Tool to phone me and explain why or what I was paying for -Nothing happened.<?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

My question was answered when I contacted Park Tool myself and asked them why I had to pay R120, they told me that it was for freight. They also told me that there was 4 items shipped in that parcel to Cajees at a Cost of R110. The question is why do I have to pay for shipping plus R10 for 3 extra items.

emailed Cajees for a response on Tuesday 02 Feb and have to date received no reply.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Why did you go to Cajees? I try avoid them as they seem to have developed a reputation for things like you have mentioned.

It is called "creative". Make every customer pay for the shipping and guess what, you show a profit on something that you should not have.

Does it make you want to throw up? Does to me.

@HR I dont mind paying a handling fee but that's a bit rich paying the costs plus some. 

@andyr249 it was bought as a gift and I normally pop in for there for consumables as they are close by. But now will get in my car and drive to Eagle Canyon cycles, they wont even have the benefit of the couple of R100 I spend buying tubes, bombs etc   

Well I took my Topeak pump to Linden where I bought it but not before I spoke to Supersport to see what is what seeing that I don't have the slip anymore. Supersport said that they can fix it and I will have to pay about R85. I was fine with it as it is alot cheaper then R400 for a new pump. Took it in last Saturday (27/01) and got a call on Wednesday (03/02) from Linden saying I can pick up my pump and the amount is R65. No one is ripping anybody of there and I will be back supporting both retailer and brand.

moer him in the face. F*kers like that needs a good beating - they are just Screwing up SA more

Why do cyclists shop at Cajees, I personally don?t understand.  They (Cajees) have no clue about bicycle parts and they have a bunch of sales people that don?t know the first about a bicycle.  <?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

You just need to look at the manager/personnel, and I bet none of them even know how to ride a bike.  There prices are also ridiculous, once you negotiate it is more reasonable.  Still they try to rip off the people that don?t ask for a discount or shop around. 

They are only money chasers. 

I once took my bike there for a service, just before the 94.7 (silly me for leaving it late), and it went back 3 times before it was sorted.  The third time I was there checking the "so called" mechanic's working on my bike, eating at the same time.  I was disgusted, with the filth that they work in.

I said to myself never to go there, unless I am desperate and all the LBS stores are closed.

Dont like Cajees at all. Their MO is to rip people with little knowledge of cycling and the ins and outs thereof off. They over inflate their prices and give you a "massive" discount (only upon request) to make you feel all special and send you into a buying frenzy. Rather shop at Solomons - they have real specials.

So, I take it that everyone here is voting with their wallets? I have been in the one in Boksburg twice and both times I was under-whelmed.

Not even if they are my last hope will I go in ther to even browse around.

I've had nothing but good service from the Princess Xing branch. But then again my purchases was for stuff I knew I wanted and not convinced to buy.

I pop into the Krugersdump Cajee's once in a while, the guys help me out there and I have been going there for years, its also the closest option for me. The one at Princess Crossing, I give that a wide berth, bicycles all over in various states of repair and assembly, spares and stock all over the floor (can't even look at the tyres for rubbish all over) and mad prices! Nobody interested in helping you cause you don't have R20k to spend!