18 months for nolan

Tumbleweed

Co-oporate? Ok, do they now know who the supplier was?

Will there be action against the supplier?

We all predict that he will get a easy deal "because he admits and work together"

****that, He cheated and it should be 2 years.

No matter were he go when 18months is gone, He stays a cheat in my books.

I rest my case

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Astana

How old are you ?

Why?

Nolan has done something illegal.

Nolan was caught.

Nolan has co-operated with the powers that be.

Nolan has been given an 18 month ban.

Nolan will (God willing) be back.

A lifetime ban? Jeepers, that is harsh. The reasons for this transgression are well publicised. Even if he doped to get an unfair advantage instead of helping him over an injury, why would you want to take away a man's earning potential by using his talent.

"Let him who is without blame cast the first stone" and all that. If you have never in your entire like broken any rule or exceeded the speed limit or shuffled figures around for tax purposes or even walked out of a shop with more change than you were entitled to, then go ahead.

Come on people. Let it go. Let him serve his punishment and then take a wait and see stance when he returns. If he learns from his mistake, then all in all a good thing had happened.

If however there is nothing learnt from this, then there is another issue at hand here.

Astana

How old are you ?

Why?

Nolan has done something illegal.

Nolan was caught.

Nolan has co-operated with the powers that be.

Nolan has been given an 18 month ban.

Nolan will (God willing) be back.

A lifetime ban? Jeepers' date=' that is harsh. The reasons for this transgression are well publicised. Even if he doped to get an unfair advantage instead of helping him over an injury, why would you want to take away a man's earning potential by using his talent.

"Let him who is without blame cast the first stone" and all that. If you have never in your entire like broken any rule or exceeded the speed limit or shuffled figures around for tax purposes or even walked out of a shop with more change than you were entitled to, then go ahead.

Come on people. Let it go. Let him serve his punishment and then take a wait and see stance when he returns. If he learns from his mistake, then all in all a good thing had happened.

If however there is nothing learnt from this, then there is another issue at hand here.
[/quote']

@Gasping - Clap Someone with something in between their ears and open to idea's. Not just single minded and media sh*tted into the "doping" storm.

Thanx man.

If you look at it from different angles you see where the issues comes in with lifetime bans.

Yeah, my post might be a little too naive, but a small percentage of people get caught for thing they didn't do - YES the rest is positive and they knew what they were doing.

Gasping, why are you quoting me ?

As I said, my original post was not to target Nolan so please don't drag me in to a Nolan argument.

I feel that implying a lifetime ban to who ever, to make an example would quickly sort out these issues, it's not like they are being imprisoned for life, it's a case of "you did wrong, you know what you did and we don't need your type in our sport"

It seems that some still believes its ok to dope, just make sure you dont get cought, and, if... than see you at the races again in 18months. ?

Guys, the point is.... You do not want to compete against someone who is doping (caught or un-caught). The cheater will always have a advantage over the clean riders.

So, How do you stop doping ?

You frikken remove him/her from the sport, let them go bowling or darts.

We do not need cheaters or dopers in cycling.popeye2010-02-10 02:22:22

Cooperation is a bit more than just sitting there and accepting the charges handed to you. Did he chirp about the source, other riders etc? Unless he gave useful info, what was he rewarded for? The 2yr sentence should've started from the day it was handed down or at least when the results came out. What's with the backdating? He raced after 18 oct anyway. 

Co-oporate? Ok' date=' do they now know who the supplier was?

Will there be action against the supplier?

We all predict that he will get a easy deal "because he admits and work together"

****that, He cheated and it should be 2 years.

No matter were he go when 18months is gone, He stays a cheat in my books.

I rest my case[/quote']

Yes I get your message. Point is : There should be a difference in the sentence for someone working together and showing remorse and want to stop whats happening and someone who just straight forward refuse to talk and denies ever taking anything even though he is tested positive.

Fouche vs Hoffman

One works with them, other one tries to lie his way out. Surely its not fair to give them both the same sentence ?

If Nolan then gets 2 years surely logic will tell you that Fouche should get more... ?

If Nolan then gets 2 years surely logic will tell you that Fouche should get more... ?

logic? two years is standard. nolan got a let-off.

Gasping' date=' why are you quoting me ?
As I said, my original post was not to target Nolan so please don't drag me in to a Nolan argument.
I feel that implying a lifetime ban to who ever, to make an example would quickly sort out these issues, it's not like they are being imprisoned for life, it's a case of "you did wrong, you know what you did and we don't need your type in our sport"[/quote']

Sorry Summit Cycles. I am disagreeing with your point about a lifetime ban. Rob someone of their life or sanity or emotional stability, and I might agree with you.

This is riding a bicycle. Yes at a very high and professional level, but a lifetime ban for a first offence?

How do you feel about people who squeeze the toohpaste from the middle? If I sound flippant, then so be it.

2 Years is the standard.

Even the Top Pro guys with all the lawyers, docters and money.

They get 2 years.

Now I'm going to be frank:

He was given a 18 months because ... .. . .......!

""First offence"" Gasping?

""first time he is caught out"" comes to mind.

There is more cyclist on the dope, but just not caught out yet, because our cycling body is not really into catching dopers.

They dont have the facilities or money to get this of the ground.

It seems that some still believes its ok to dope' date=' just make sure you dont get cought, and, if... than see you at the races again in 18months. ?

Guys, the point is.... You do not want to compete against someone who is doping (caught or un-caught). The cheater will always have a advantage over the clean riders.

So, How do you stop doping ?

You frikken remove him/her from the sport, let them go bowling or darts.

We do not know cheaters or dopers in cycling.[/quote']

I understand that its not cool to race against someone with a "advantage". But then again its not fair to live with people with a "advantage".

You work your ass off 8-5, they smuggle diamonds drugs or just steal money somehow - chop chop - farken rich.

You cant take a guy out of society for that.

Banning someone from sport for life is harsh - especially for a first time offender. Its not right, doping sucks, but this sport / sport is some peoples lives.

So banning them for life is killing them slowly. Look at the Hansie story. Ok what he did was really f'up but they murdered him in court and the punishment was just too much (lifetime), everything went downhill from there for him....RIP

You sentence the guy - let him learn from mistakes. If he doesn't then you crucify him. Not all people are equal - some peoples mind work different and some people have different reasons for doing illegal stuff.

Not saying doping is OK, not saying Nolan is innocent, not saying these guys are not crooks, just saying take a very good look at how one handles these cases.

If they guy is back - racing against you. Everyone knows what they have been up too and its really hard to get back to the level you were and be accepted in the bunch and racing scene. The damage is done - image wise.

In any case - its sad to dope on Elite level in SA.

2 Years is the standard.

Even the Top Pro guys with all the lawyers' date=' docters and money.

They get 2 years.

Now I'm going to be frank:

He was given a 18 months because ... .. . .......!

[/quote']

and what about Ricardo Ricco ?

and to put it in perspective - the was going on about him being soooo good etc etc - The Cobra Dead

logic? two years is standard. nolan got a let-off.

F'k - put the sentence into context.

I'm saying if Nolan gets X amount of time the non-cooperators should get more X + Y months

what did you not understand ? Confused 

""First offence"" Gasping?

""first time he is caught out"" comes to mind.

Say that without proof and it is slanderous.

I choose the glass that is half full. I do not believe that the world is corrupt and devious. There are SOME people who are that way, but not everyone.

Even if he did it for the reasons you imply - so what? He can "serve his time" and then come back. Do you not think people can be rehabilitated? I was a drug addict. Does that mean I will be a user until the day I die? What about the last 30 years (on 10 July)?