Ek mis...

Grapkas

Going to Tropical in Hillbrow for a shwarma at 3am after a jol at Bella Napoli.

Falling in a shop and not wanting to sue the owner

Now you talking, that was the best Shwarma in the country. If you went to Bella the next night, then you had a Fontana chicken instead of Schwarma again!!! The good old Hillbrow days!!!!

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Going to Tropical in Hillbrow for a shwarma at 3am after a jol at Bella Napoli.

Just being able to go into Hillbrow!!!!  But ja, miss Bellas.

Now that we going that way. All your people in <?:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" />Pretoria, do you know if the ?Day & Night grill? at the top of

Church Street
is still in business.Question

What was that great club in Pretoria. Use to go there on Ladies nights (no I am not a girl, but use to go there for the girls. They were HOTT!!!)Big%20smile

Wolfie, you should know!!

Now that we going that way. All your people in <?:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" />Pretoria' date=' do you know if the ?Day & Night grill? at the top of

Church Street
is still in business.Question[/quote']

That died years ago I'm afraidCry

Used to love their cadillac burger, pretty much everthing in the kitchen on a burger bunLOL

R2 a litre, ha ha try 25c which was the price when i used to fill up my off road.  Hilbrow we used to Kuir at Bela Napoli and Boobs then off to Fonatana for a 1/2 chicken, chips and coke at 4am.

TV i recall watching TV from 5pm-6pm, then interupted by the SAUK test pattern for the next 11 hours. Only 1 channel in those days. One show i enjoyed watching was Blitzpatrollie (English Sweeney)

What was that great club in Pretoria. Use to go there on Ladies nights (no I am not a girl' date=' but use to go there for the girls. They were HOTT!!!)Big%20smile

Wolfie, you should know!!
[/quote']

Jacquelines

Ewep: "Kan enige iemand dalk onthou wat die program was wat in Suid Afrika gemaak is met poppe et al.  Die slegte ou was Prins Skarnatie, een van die goeie ouens was Buks en 'n professor.  Die space ship was die Impala.  O ja, die ander slegte ou het 'n helse lot kenne gehad!  Come on!!!!!!!!  Tell for I"

Interster?

What about radio shows,

Squad Cars, Tracey Dark, The Creaking Door........or Jet Jungle, So Maak Mens........Eish...............

Sh!t, I am not old, I am ancient!!!! My birth certificate is written in Hierogryphics!!!
shaunh2007-06-22 02:17:27

Thats it' date=' Jacquelines...........memories come flooding back!!!!![/quote']

no they don't ShockedConfusedShocked

Exclusive Books in Hillbrow, die Bel(vedere) Hotel in Pretoria. Snoeker (not pool) at the Hellenic and boogie at Bumpers and The Great Wazoo. Dancing at the Zillerthal and eating at the Red Ox in Sterland.

Wie onthou nog Patrys (ek was 'n Patryspeurder), Die Kleinspan en die Jongspan. Die Rooi Ridder Boeke(ek was 'n grootridder met goue eikeblare).

Ek onthou my Pa en Ma aand die beplan vir 'n vakansie Kaap toe, toe my Pa se "kom ons budget ₤30-00 vir petrol". My ma se toe "Nooit dink jy jy is 'n miljoener". Ons het vir drie maande gaan vakansie hou daai keer in 1958 in my pa se Zephyr. Ek kan onthou dat Cadbury Choccies 2 pennies vir 'n slab gekos het en toe ek begin rook het was sigarette 28 sent 'n pakkie. My swart en chrome Hercules dikwiel wat ek self gekoop het, met Sturmey Archer Three Speed en drombieke voor en agter het R32-50 gekos in 1970. Dit was my eerste "MTB".

Hendrik Petoors2007-06-22 02:24:32

Smallrebel, are u talking about the space show with the clay model actors that was French dubbed in Afrikaans!!! Great show!!!

Oom H, my Pa hey ook a Zephyr gahad, Powder Blue with white wall tyres (die laatjies weet nie eens van White Walls nie!!)
shaunh2007-06-22 02:27:07

En wat van daai proggie wat ju moet raai wat die persoon vir 'n lewe doen?

Uit en Tuis

Of 'n ding wat ek gehaat het, Ter wille van Oorlewing!!!  As my oupa-hulle die ding gekyk het, het ek maar tarentale gaan skiet.