whooooooohooooooo!!!!

nellie

Psycho - hehehe - uhm...ek en Jelly sal maar eers op ons eie oefen...netnou is daar 2 van ons op die grond volgende keer.Embarrassed

BigBen...sooo true...i barely got my bike in the shop and i was already eyeing a few nice little gadgets hanging around as i walked pastLOL

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice one Nellie, you won't regret buying a MTB bike.

My poor road bike hangs on the bike rack looking very sad and neglected, yours will most probably suffer the same fate.

Let us know how your first ride goes!

enjoy - remember to get back on after you fall. Trust me it will happen often Big%20smile (only fallen once as a roadie but more like once every ride in the last few months as a MTB. Moral of the story is - don't go down steep single tracks before mastering basic skills. Very enjoyable though - was checking out a Santa Cruz or Rocky Mountain the other day ....Big%20smile

mmmm' date=' dan sal ons seker die Dirthugging Chicks wees LOLLOL

Hey nellie, geniet dit!  Ons moet definitief 1 van die dae gaan ry (of rondval Wink)
[/quote']

dirthugging Capie chicks! dan lyk ons so:

Click%20on%20image%20to%20open%20in%20new%20window

yeah!!!Big%20smile En jip, ek jy en Saartjie kan sometime iewers gaan rondspeel.

Ratty - will do!Thumbs%20Up but really...my road bike is still the beaut in the family...i'll give it a bit of a "recovery" period now though..Embarrassed

Racman - i'm not scared of falling anymore luckilySmile. had waaaay too many road bike falls, and on the mtb...did the dirtopia 8hrs last year and toppled over my handle bars 3 times in the first 7kms...damn that was so fun - was soooooo dirty by the end of that dayBig%20smile

enjoy - remember to get back on after you fall. Trust me it will happen often Big%20smile (only fallen once as a roadie but more like once every ride in the last few months as a MTB. Moral of the story is - don't go down steep single tracks before mastering basic skills. Very enjoyable though - was checking out a Santa Cruz or Rocky Mountain the other day ....Big%20smile

If you don't fall, you aren't pushing your limits enough Tongue

Nellie, sounds like you don't mind getting dirty so you'll fit right in with the majority of us.

If you don't fall' date=' you aren't pushing your limits enough Tongue

Nellie, sounds like you don't mind getting dirty so you'll fit right in with the majority of us.

[/quote']

Don't mind...hell...that's a understatement! I go LOOKING for puddles and water and mudBig%20smile

If you're not dirty when you get off your bike you haven't been on the bike long enoughWink

And remember - you DON'T wash a MTB after every ride!!Big%20smile

(Although it is adviseable to wash the rider!)

Hey, i'm back!Big%20smile

Whoa i love the mtb!!!Thumbs%20Up

Did an hour's riding - had to cover a few kms of tar first (including one MONSTER hill) and then hit the dirtCool.

Schweet...so did about 200m 'til i came to the place where i can go to have some real fun - only problem...the little (half hidden) path leading there is like only 25cms wide with shoulder height bushes on each side. So toppled overEmbarrassed as a result of being indecisive as to if i'm going to first walk through or try ride (doing this while my feet are still clipped inEmbarrassed)

Got on again and rode through anyway...la die da...it's sooooooooo much fun!!! Tried a few tricks and little stunts on the flat, wide dirt road enjoying myself a lot! Climbed over the gate that blocked my way and there the challenge got a bit tougher - narrow, steepish uphill...grrrrr...had to concentrate quite a bit, but as i got used to it i had more and more funTongue.

Got off for a bit of a rest at the top and checked the stunning viewSmile...lovely!Tongue And then it was that same stretch of road - going DOWN.Confused AhemEmbarrassed...coughEmbarrassed...i suckEmbarrassed...lol!...i must have gone down at about the same speed i went upEmbarrassedLOL

On the wider road i dared a little bit more, but still have to get used to the fact that the loose stones and dirt are SUPPOSED to be thereLOL... I'm reckless on my road bike and there i take risks and push my limits, but on the MTB i'm (as Marius would say...) a PanzieConfused

Had lots of fun, but only bad thing was that i couldn't find any mud or waterCry...but hey...next timeBig%20smileCool

Came to 3 conclusions...

#1 - i've got "roadie" written all over me

#2 - i really have to work on my fitness

#3 - AND I CAN'T WAIT FOR THE NEXT TRIPBig%20smileBig%20smileBig%20smile

nellie2007-06-24 07:08:21

The first time I road a MTB I nearly fell off just because off all the loose stones. It certainly takes some getting used to. Nowdays I see how high I can jump / hard I can fall regularly. There's some really cool hills in Worcester (my business partner lives there) so you can get in loads of practice before you come fall at any of the races.