License check

steve

In KZN you nee a licence for any road race that you enter' date=' if you don't have one you pay R30 for a temp licence.Amashova and 94.7 have implemented it.If you can't show a licence at registration you will have to purchase a temp licence.

[/quote']

Thats odd - I read a post here about two weeks ago where some-one contacted the 94.7 race office and they said Gauteng cycling did NOT have any license requirements so at this point it was not a requirement for the 94.7.!!

On that basis I entered - now things have changed or have they??

There really needs to be clarification on this - its a case of the blind leading the blind now, which is not conductive to good relations - why has CSA not made a definitive announcement - or have I missed it.?

I will also not ride if I must start at 10am just because I dont have a license - which until recently I didnt even know about. 

Did you guys miss the CSA announcement on the HOMEPAGE of The Hub (link to chainwheel)?

Have a read:

At the April Congress of Cycling South Africa ("CSA"), a meeting attended by all Affiliates of CSA as the controlling body of the sport of cycling in South Africa, it was unanimously resolved that all cyclists taking part in
cycling events in the country, be they races or what is commonly known as fun rides or recreational events, should be licensed to CSA and furthermore the events themselves will also require official sanction from CSA. There may of course be some minor events which are of such a nature that they should be exempt from this ruling but this aspect will be looked at on a case-by-case basis as exceptions to the rule.

hier is die belangrikste gedeelte van daardie verklaring:

"a Cyclo-sport licence which will be required for all other events and a single event Cyclo-sport licence which replaces the former "temporary one day license". Whether or not Club membership will also be compulsory is under discussion but this may end up being for each Province to make for its own cycling community."

dit affekteer 95% van die fietsryers wat aan 'n funride wil of gaan deelneem.Ek en Andrew gaan net tandem ry in die volgende plat roete seisoen en ons seeding opskuif.

Ons mikpunt is E by die einde van hierdie jaar. (Ons het eers november verlede jaar begin te ry).

Did you guys miss the CSA announcement on the HOMEPAGE of The Hub (link to chainwheel)?

Have a read:

At the April Congress of Cycling South Africa ("CSA")' date=' a meeting attended by all Affiliates of CSA as the controlling body of the sport of cycling in South Africa, it was unanimously resolved that all cyclists taking part in
cycling events in the country, be they races or what is commonly known as fun rides or recreational events, should be licensed to CSA and furthermore the events themselves will also require official sanction from CSA. There may of course be some minor events which are of such a nature that they should be exempt from this ruling but this aspect will be looked at on a case-by-case basis as exceptions to the rule.
[/quote']

No I did see it - but it makes no sense.

Firstly, it states that the price has still to be fixed.

Secondly - it says that the club arrangement is still to be decided - so where do we get the license if we (as myself) dos not belong to a club and have no intention of doing so - I am firstly a runner and secondly a cyclist - I already belong to two running clubs, I dont intend joining a cycling club I will never support.

Thirdly - what do I get for my money - I personally hate this attitude of "cyclists spend this and that on their bikes and travel and gear, so we want a portion" - this seems to be very prevalent in cycling - what sort of justification is that?? 

When I buy a bike I get a product, when I travel I pay for a service to get there, when I buy clothes I get something to keep me warm - when I buy a cycling license - what do I get.??

I have a running license and I know what I get, its laid down in the Athletics SA constitution and its accepted - whats a cycling license buy me as a three race a year cyclist.????

Finally, I am not sure, but I dont think Barloworld / the tour and the CSA license are relevant to this issue.

.......I dont mean to sound angry, but this "cyclists spend" scenario just gets under my skin - it really dos, why is it even mentioned, its my money, I worked for it, so why should I have some nameless, faceless person make me feel I have to share it because I have it.Angry

porky2007-06-26 03:18:23