DealExtreme

ridr

They had problems at one point' date=' but that was the fault of Hong Kong Post Office. For the past few months no problems. [/quote']

Big%20smile

well thats good to know.. Maybe we should pu in a bit of a bulk order?

No need for bulk order - free shipping whatever you order. They split the order into smaller packages - so you end up paying R25 clearance for each package (my delivery was 2 packages - 2 lights in each package)

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My experiance was not so great' date=' but Im actually in the exact same boat as far as the lights go, I want 3 magicshines, but Im to afraid to order from them again. Ive seen a vendor on Ebay, that sells them for only 5$ more than deal extreme. Was thinking of going there.
[/quote']

What's the ebay link incase anyone wants to check it out?

you thinking of getting one? Ive never had hassles on e-bay

I think I've got enough for now! Just nice to have all the info here for everyone else.

They had problems at one point' date=' but that was the fault of Hong Kong Post Office. For the past few months no problems. [/quote']

Big%20smile

well thats good to know.. Maybe we should pu in a bit of a bulk order?

No need for bulk order - free shipping whatever you order. They split the order into smaller packages - so you end up paying R25 clearance for each package (my delivery was 2 packages - 2 lights in each package)

Did your pacages arrive at the same time? did you have to go clear them yourself or did they come to the PO offie? cause mine came months appart that time and was verry Irritating.

You say the free shipping is now reliable and only 2 weeks?

Came in two parcels on same day. I always phone the airport post-office to get the local tracking number once parcels arrive and then intercept it there before they send it out. Saves 3days. Just had to pay the standard R25 clearance per parcel, Vat and show my proof of purchase (because I didn't realiose I asked DX not to include it with parcel).

Came in two parcels on same day. I always phone the airport post-office to get the local tracking number once parcels arrive and then intercept it there before they send it out. Saves 3days. Just had to pay the standard R25 clearance per parcel' date=' Vat and show my proof of purchase (because I didn't realiose I asked DX not to include it with parcel).[/quote']

mm.. Thats interresting, so do you then pick it up from the main depo?

Which airport no do you phone?  youre good..Wink this is all new to me.. I hate SAPO!!Angry they have messed me around BIG time in the passed..

Clearing 0119616038/9

Counter 0119616028

0119616026/7/8

0119616006-10

One of the numbers usually works. The post-office is sort of opposite emperor's palace.

Clearing 0119616038/9
Counter <?: PREFIX = SKYPE /> 0119616028  0119616028
0119616026/7/8
0119616006-10

One of the numbers usually works. The post-office is sort of opposite emperor's palace.

Ok, Im in cape town, I guess the parci gets cleared here, so Im going to have to get the numbers for down here.

Sometimes I think of just using DHL and cutting out all this shlep for some extra cash, driving to our POffice depo is a 40 km MISSION into the industrial area.. 2 hours fom my day means deadlines dont get met..

Anyway, thanks for the advice bro, I might just get it from them.

Jules ordered 6 lights from DX.

They for some reason dispatched the lights in 2 batches with separate tracking numbers. The first batch of 3 landed no problem, the second batch ended up somewhere like Mexico.

Fortunately, they recognised the mistake and passed a credit.

Subsequently, the balance was re-ordered and has been received.

Be careful buying from DX... Your few orders might've worked this time.

DX's customer support is non existent.

DX sometimes takes WEEKS to refund you.

They show items in stock which never are in stock. If the item IS in stock, it'll be ok... if it's NOT... you'll end up waiting months before it's shipped in some cases.

9 of my DX parcels never arrived... I wasted hours fighting with them and they never refunded me. I waited too long before claiming from PayPal... I now open a dispute very quickly and claim quickly...

Cool for you with the Magicshines... but read the threads below the DX item page... LOTS of problems with those lights... Many of them blew or broke after a few rides... not to mention those with charger and battery problems...

I've completed a few 100 DX orders in the past. Some took a few months for them to just source the items, while it showed in stock when I payed!!!

I've long since moved on...

Oh well, at the price I was willing to take the risk. From speaking to other people it sounded like they would get here eventually. 2weeks was very good. Maybe I just got lucky, but that's fine with me. As for the Magicshine lights, if they don't last forever that's also ok - at R1700 for a handlebar and helmet light setup with extra battery and cables, I can't find anything else that comes close in value for money. I guess it depends what conditions they're being used in and how often they're being used, but it's worth a shot... If I have a problem, I'll write it down here...

Ok' date=' Im in cape town, I guess the parci gets cleared here, so Im going to have to get the numbers for down here.

Sometimes I think of just using DHL and cutting out all this shlep for some extra cash, driving to our POffice depo is a 40 km MISSION into the industrial area.. 2 hours fom my day means deadlines dont get met..

Anyway, thanks for the advice bro, I might just get it from them.
[/quote']

Bos, you can go fetch the package at Cape Mail depo, next to Grand West.  Once you have the DX tracking no, you can phone SAPO tracking who can give you the local tracking no on the phone (once it arrived).

Very easy and painless.  I paid R670 for the light and R110 VAT and clearance fee.

They show items in stock which never are in stock. If the item IS in stock' date=' it'll be ok... if it's NOT... you'll end up waiting months before it's shipped in some cases.

9 of my DX parcels never arrived... I wasted hours fighting with them and they never refunded me. I waited too long before claiming from PayPal... I now open a dispute very quickly and claim quickly...

Cool for you with the Magicshines... but read the threads below the DX item page... LOTS of problems with those lights... Many of them blew or broke after a few rides... not to mention those with charger and battery problems...

I've completed a few 100 DX orders in the past. Some took a few months for them to just source the items, while it showed in stock when I payed!!!

[/quote']

Noted on the DX customer service and delays if product not actually in stock.  But why flame the product?  They are only distributers themselves and ive seen many good reviews on the product.  You seem rather biased here since you offering the same product.  I suppose the moment one starts ordering directly from overseas you run the risk of customer service / warranties ect, but at that price you can buy 2 for what 1 would cost in SA.

Ebay then!Big%20smile

It might only be $5 more for lights, but looks like shipping cost adds a lot more!

They show items in stock which never are in stock. If the item IS in stock' date=' it'll be ok... if it's NOT... you'll end up waiting months before it's shipped in some cases.

[/quote']

Noted on the DX customer service and delays if product not actually in stock.  But why flame the product?  They are only distributers themselves and ive seen many good reviews on the product.  You seem rather biased here since you offering the same product.  I suppose the moment one starts ordering directly from overseas you run the risk of customer service / warranties ect, but at that price you can buy 2 for what 1 would cost in SA.

I don't have to flame the Magicshines... they flame themselves... *pooof* did another one just blew?

Just see the how many batteries, chargers and lights broke by reading the threads below the DX sales page.

I've indeed sold a few Magicshines to first timers who didn't want to pay, but I warned them pretty clearly.

If you're serious about it in the long run, get a real light and invest now.

Like GoLefty said: If you've never used a proper light, the MS will impress you. I've you've used the best, the MS is a piece of crap.

There's a reason some of us give 2 year and 5 year guaranties.