Your Argus Cycle Tour 2010 unofficial time?

'Dale

oh, got my first and second puncture in the argus after 12 hassle free rides, should have kept the cross tyres on the bike ans not these stupid skinnt 23c's.....unlucky 13 so I suppose I should have known.......

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I was hoping for a 3h30m.  With the wind and some cramps managed a 3h46m.

Hey Geno, Our times were pretty close again.

I was hoping for a 3h30m.? With the wind and some cramps managed a 3h46m.

Hey Geno' date=' Our times were pretty close again.
[/quote']

In our GC, I lead by, I guess 2 minutes, X Cruiser!

Well done, everybody!

This cycling biz is no eazee sport.

smiley32.gif

Now, for the official results soon.

It was a hard ride plus i had some stomach cramps; was not in good form. Had to really work hard and took plenty of pain. Aimed at 3h30 ® but got an unconfirmed 3h58. Eish!

I was also hoping for a sub 3, but damn chain came off twice!! as a result I lost the group and had to time trial most of the race! Anyone know what the top VA time was?

What groups broke 3hrs?

invitational (duh)

maybe va

maybe vb/women

maybe tandems

i dont think any other groups cracked it

I pipped Colonel by 5sec at the Giro but he gave me carrots today smiley17.gif. 2:50 for me. I would have been worse were it not for Colonel's teammate. Don't know his name but his number was 91. He paced me home for the last 30km and gave me encouragement on Suikerbossie. I'm embarrassed to say I only had the energy to come through for a few pitiful pulls. Thanks dude!

That would be Tarmac. He loves a good chase back to the bunch.

3h20 - caned myself off the back of VB from Smits to Ocean View then blew at Chappies...survival mode from there! hard day for me

What groups broke 3hrs?

invitational (duh)

maybe va

maybe vb/women

maybe tandems

I finished at the sharp end of VA and we did about 3:03. I think VB did a bit more than that. So in all likelihood only Invitational, a few tandems, and probably a good slice of A, although we caught quite a few of them.

Anyone know who won the sub vets and what the time

was?

I was told Graham Cronje won VA, but every time I looked up Heimer Anderson was pulling us. The guy rode like a man possessed, into the wind, on the hills, pretty much everywhere except the sprint.

3h16 and that was giving it 200% out of Group C - I was really hoping for a sub 3 this year' date=' oh well!

Anyone know what the front C's did?[/quote']

I agree' date=' my goal was the elusive sub 3 but unluckily only did about 3:30. I don't think many people went under 3 today. Anyone know what the winning time was for the leaders in E group?[/quote']<?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

I had exactly the same sub3 goal (before I saw the wind forecast) and result of 3:30 also in E. It seems the weather plays a huge role not to mention chain coming off twice. Lets hope we don't get three windy Arguses in a row!

It looks like we will have to wait till next yearAngry

What groups broke 3hrs?

invitational (duh)

maybe va

maybe vb/women

maybe tandems

I finished at the sharp end of VA and we did about 3:03. I think VB did a bit more than that. So in all likelihood only Invitational' date=' a few tandems, and probably a good slice of A, although we caught quite a few of them.[/quote']

I dont think A cracked sub 3... va is normally faster than A