You had a crappy Argus?!

Schwynn

I just turn the pedals around and walk the bike on. The airlines complain but they take it. It cant be ridden but can be wheeled. it gets marked and (touch wood) is put on the top of the stack. Bike always arrived OK.

The moment it is in a case, soft or hard, it gets manhandled with all the other cases.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I bought this padded bag 3 years ago and never had a problem. Once the frame is encased in the aircon pipe foam it can hardly be damaged unless you drive over or jump on it.

I just can't understand how this could happen. smiley5.gif

Everybody that sees this are just as confused as I am.

Thanks everybody for the kind words and encouragement, now let's start a collection.... only joking. smiley2.gif

This was my dream bike and I will never have one like this again. smiley19.gif I even bought a matching helmet at the expo on Saturday morning, the new Giro Prolight, weighs only 173g!!

20100317_065612_IMAG0052.jpg

Sterkte varkie' date=' ek dink jy het dit nodig, ek sal ERNSTIG pyn uit deel as iemand dit met my 'Dale doen.AngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngry

[/quote']

Aag, ek was skoon lam van die skrik toe ek dit sien. Ek kon nie eers kwaad word nie. Ek het gaan verkee en 'n dop gedrink. Bietjie vroeg maar ek het dit nodig gehad.

I just turn the pedals around and walk the bike on. The airlines complain but they take it. It cant be ridden but can be wheeled. it gets marked and (touch wood) is put on the top of the stack. Bike always arrived OK.

The moment it is in a case' date=' soft or hard, it gets manhandled with all the other cases.

[/quote']

Going to stop soon. i had hassles here and in JHB with no bag. In JHB they made me wrap in on the machine. New ACSA regs are coming into effect.

There is an article on www.bicycling.co.za that give the steps to follow if your bike gets damaged by an airline. Maybe check it out. It could?help

I have read the article. The bike was packed in a way thought save not to be damaged with normal to slightly rough handling. the way I pack it you can pretty much use it as a rugby ball. You can't however use it as a step ladder or a drive on to inspect your car's chassis! See pics. I have removed the covering on the back and where the frame is cracked for the pictures, but it is fully covered and in a heavily padded bike bag, marked FRAGILE.

20100317_072205_IMAG0041.jpg

Well it has happened now and nothing will correct the damage.Schwynn2010-03-17 07:26:17

Ja' date=' I feel like someone has ripped my heart out. One really gets attached to something like this, maybe that is why it got broken.smiley19.gif
I have logged a claim with Outsurance and like someone said, let's see if talk is cheap. They asked for a damage report and a quote which I will supply as soon as the bike arrives.
A lesson learnt once more, nothing is safely packed and the word FRAGILE indicates, "JUMP HERE", or "STACK 50 HIGH".
[/quote']

I just travelled with SAA to Australia!

They ripped off all the Fragile Stickers and there was a BIG Boot print on the middle of my bike bag where some one had stood on it! Luckily I had padded it enough! So no damage!

Ja' date=' I feel like someone has ripped my heart out. One really gets attached to something like this, maybe that is why it got broken.smiley19.gif I have logged a claim with Outsurance and like someone said, let's see if talk is cheap. They asked for a damage report and a quote which I will supply as soon as the bike arrives. A lesson learnt once more, nothing is safely packed and the word FRAGILE indicates, "JUMP HERE", or "STACK 50 HIGH". [/quote']

I just travelled with SAA to Australia!

They ripped off all the Fragile Stickers and there was a BIG Boot print on the middle of my bike bag where some one had stood on it! Luckily I had padded it enough! So no damage!

I am so glad for you! If the bikes were still made of steel pipes no harm would come to them, but these light things, NO STEP!

@ Schwynn & Cat-I' date=' Maandag klink lekker.[/quote']

maandagoggend, yaaaay!

8:00???

@ Schwynn & Cat-I' date=' Maandag klink lekker.[/quote']maandagoggend, yaaaay!8:00???

08h00 is reg met my. Ek sal al so teen 07hoo daar wees. Ek bring kole en 'n wors en broodjies en 'n bier en 'n girlie drink en 'n fiets en...lost hubbers smiley2.gif

ek bring ook wors en 'n drink ... mar gan dit by 'n buddy moet gaan braai, want hy gan cupcakes he want hy verjaar.

wies die lost hubbers wat jy saambring? as daar dalk miskien ander helftes is wat beginner-rig is, dan kan ek dalk 'n beginnerige kollega ook saambring?

Reg so met die beginnerige kollega. Ek is mos ook beginnerig. Jy ken almal van hulle, moenie worrie nie. Ek verjaar mos ook weet jy? Elke dag is ek 'n jaar ouer as die dieselfde dag 'n jaar gelede, so ek verjaar ook Maandag!

Mango dont give a S**T

Flew to CT last year, granted i took a chance and just wheeled my bike on but when i got it back it looked like it got dragged along the tarmac and then left to slide around during the flight.

Luckily it was just scratches and everything still worked, gave up after a while because dealing with incompetent people just isn't worth it.

Still not sure what to do the next time i need to fly.

Reg so met die beginnerige kollega. Ek is mos ook beginnerig. Jy ken almal van hulle' date=' moenie worrie nie. Ek verjaar mos ook weet jy? Elke dag is ek 'n jaar ouer as die dieselfde dag 'n jaar gelede, so ek verjaar ook Maandag![/quote']

my boetie verjaar ook maandag!!!!

BAIE verjaardagpartykies!!

jys g'n beginnerig nie man ... niemand wat 'cornwall dh rush' jaag is beginnerig nie :D

Ok Guys n Dolls. Feedback on the outcome of this rather unhappy thread.

OUTSURANCE HAS PUT THEIR MONEY WHERE THEIR MOUTH IS!!

I sent the damage report and quote in yesterday morning and just spoke to the lady handling my claim. The claim will be paid out this morning!! I have been kept up to date via SMS of the progrees of the claim as well.

100% to Outsurance on this one!!! Yaaaay as Cat-i would say! smiley36.gif

Good news Schwynn!!

Post pics of your new machine when its built up.

I was pretty nervous flying up for Sani.

Signing that damage waiver didn't fill me with confidence - no responsibility on their side what so ever.

Luckily everything turned out fine.