You had a crappy Argus?!

Schwynn

Well' date=' I suppose this is what you have insurance for. Only problem is that with every claim premiums go up, excess has to be paid, and so it carries on and on.
I am just hoping to have my bike soon as I sold my previous one on Friday. smiley5.gif [/quote']

Well, now......IF you were insured by Outsurance...that would be noooo problem!!  Or so they claim - I was sold bike insurance by them and would really like to put them to the test with a case like this???? (it just sounds to good to be true.....sorry, Im a sceptic)

A case of put your money wher you mouth is...

My advice - go insurance route - it is for them to recoup from ACSA!!! Not your problem...

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have one of those hard case bike boxes - done a few races around the country and no problems experienced so far , the hard casing ensures no tampering ( locked ) and quite bulky so cant easily get tossed around.It's hard plastic is well insulated. I reckon that is a good buy...reduces the risk of having to deal with this , good luck Schwynn   

Guest Big H

I have one of those hard case bike boxes - done a few races around the country and no problems experienced so far ' date=' the hard casing ensures no tampering ( locked ) and quite bulky so cant easily get tossed around.It's hard plastic is well insulated. I reckon that is a good buy...reduces the risk of having to deal with this , good luck Schwynn    [/quote']

They dont make those boxes for Tandems!!!!!!! We do have two soft bags for the tandems though. They have travelled all over Africa in thos bags and no harm. They are packed with foam around all tubes and the fork and rear triangle suitably braced. When I returned for Angola recently we had both our Tandems packed in their bags tied to the Toyota's roof carrier.

This piccie with the two bags placed on a mattress on the Toyota was taken in Etosha in Namutoni Camp on our way back to RSA.

20100315_052148_tandem_bags.jpg

Bummer. These guys had a problem with United Airlines breaking guitars...so this is what they made:

and United's share price dropped!

Maybe there's someone out there with similar talents who could make something along these lines

I had a friend that flew in from jhb, but he trucked his bike down through a company. They load a truck with lots of bikes and organise the drive down and then afterward the race you just drop off your bike with them and they organise for it to be trucked back up again. He said it is much better than making all the arrangements of flying the bike around.

Ja, I feel like someone has ripped my heart out. One really gets attached to something like this, maybe that is why it got broken.smiley19.gif

I have logged a claim with Outsurance and like someone said, let's see if talk is cheap. They asked for a damage report and a quote which I will supply as soon as the bike arrives.

A lesson learnt once more, nothing is safely packed and the word FRAGILE indicates, "JUMP HERE", or "STACK 50 HIGH".

If you go onto the CycleLab website, you will find a really "sweet" article on how Mango will look after your bike and that they are the best for your bike etc, etc.

Very sorry about your bike!

Ja' date=' I feel like someone has ripped my heart out. One really gets attached to something like this, maybe that is why it got broken.smiley19.gif

I have logged a claim with Outsurance and like someone said, let's see if talk is cheap. They asked for a damage report and a quote which I will supply as soon as the bike arrives.

A lesson learnt once more, nothing is safely packed and the word FRAGILE indicates, "JUMP HERE", or "STACK 50 HIGH".

[/quote']

Very SAD about your SystemSix, BUT look at the positives. Seeing they are no longer made, Outsurance should deliver a new SuperSix!!

If you go onto the CycleLab website' date=' you will find a really "sweet" article on?how Mango will look after your bike and that they are the best for your bike etc, etc.

Very sorry about your bike!
[/quote']

Thanx for pointing that out. I will contact them and ask to have it removed as it is false advertisement in my opinion!

You meant this one.

http://www.cyclelab.co.za/default.asp?id=334312&des=article

Ja' date=' I feel like someone has ripped my heart out. One really gets attached to something like this, maybe that is why it got broken.smiley19.gif

[/quote']

Very SAD about your SystemSix, BUT look at the positives. Seeing they are no longer made, Outsurance should deliver a new SuperSix!!

True, the hi-mod at that, but that is not the point. I am not going to get a parrot blue one! smiley19.gif And it's not my old bike, I love that one! smiley19.gif

Oh, and now it's made in Taiwan or some other silly place! IT'S NOT THE SAME!

I'm sounding like a six year old... smiley5.gif

Just hope you are insured for replacement value and not purchase value.

Haai Mamps, ja, dit is redelik goed verseker.

Ons moet weer bietjie saam ry eendag. Miskien Groennies?

Ons moet weer bietjie saam ry eendag. Miskien Groennies?

Jis ek sal dit laaik. Was nog nooit daar nie. Ek mis altyd die grouprides daar.

Looks like they used it as the wheel stop for the plane. Sorry...

My thought exactly! How do you crack a down tube like that? smiley5.gif