Who's the World Market pedal leader?

Mr LOOK

Who's the World Market pedal leader?  

71 members have voted

1. 1. Who's the World Market pedal leader?

• LOOK
    • Time
    • Shimano
    • Speedplay
    • Ritchey
    • Crank Bros
    • Other

Look cleat cover

http://www.cyclesportsuk.co.uk/images/Pedal_-_Cleats/main/Exustar%20Look%20Keo%20Cleat%20Cover.jpg

Speedplay Coffee Shop covers

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/images/speedplay-coffee-cleat-med.jpg

Luckily Look followed Shimano and now has non-slip cleats.

My Shimano cleats lasted on average a year or sometimes longer before replacing them.  They are more robust and can handle a bit of walking than Look.

Look tried to improve their slippery cleats with the new grip cleats,

but my left grip (side I lean on when stopping) lasted about two weeks

before it came off.  To date I have not had a pair of look cleats

lasting longer than 6 months.

The Look Grip is glued on or something, while the yellow or red Shimano piece that you walk on is part of the cleat, much better.

Perhaps if you broke the poll into mtb and road the results would be different...

When factoring weight, mud clearance, cost, design, availability, servicability, durability - Shimano drive a damn hard bargain - they have my vote - road and mtb.

My XT's are over a year and 10,000km old and the only thing I've ever done to them is tighten the left axle when it was new. They're smoother than Lady GaGa's bottom.

My Ultegras got a bit rough at 25,000km and are now serving duty on my indoor trainer. Pretty good value I reckon.

In all honnesty, Ive been trapping my shimano's for years, I stole  "martin hatting" s shimano pedal tool In standard 7 and have been servicing them myself ever since, just get the bearings from the bikeshop, costs R20 bucks. (lose balls)  Here in Cape town we dont have much mud  well no mud like the clay you guys in the north have. our mus is just wet sand mixed with a bit of dirt Wink same reason Im not riding heavy duty mud tires and my maxxis' are keeping up so well.

As for the road story, I never knew you got pedayl, but If that might stop me from blikseming down the stairs on my rear end, I might just get some.

this is actually a trick question because the most popular brand is definately shimano.

However, the most used patent or design is the LOOK ski binding which makes the LOOK brand the most used design, certainly for road.

for MTB it s a little more tricky be cause Shimano is likely the market leader here too in volumes of sales but Crank Bros is also popular.

In terms of which is best with innovation.....

that would have to be Time since they have provided top class designs in both road and MTB markets with the TBT and ATAC concepts.

but look is the market leader in terms of use of design.

Should I be given a choice between the two for my next pair' date=' Ill probably go for Speedplay purely because those cleats look indestructible!

[/quote']

they are not and they recommend you use covers when walking. And they cost R650 a pair.

why you walking with your cycling shoes ?? Winkspend a little less on the bike and buy a pair of shoes - its amazing how comfy they are when walking compared to cycling shoes with speedplay cleats LOL

don't you walk to your table after securing your bike to against a wall for you mid ride coffee break? Do you get on your bike as soon as you leave the house? Don't you put your foot down when stop at a red light or stop street?

Anyway, if I spend any less on my road bike they will reposes it. I just bought new road shoes because my other pair I bought 7 years ago is going now. I almost died having to fork out R860.

jaja  - joking with you.

Stopping at red lights... bance your bike in CT SE haha. otherwise a light touch down with the cleat on the tar.

I dont drink coffee when out training, never stop anywere. Out training not sight seeing, or eating out LOL

that quite a Euro way of training. Wink If if get older and don't have to work so hard, have more spare time I'll train like that. Big%20smile

Just a reminder that you guys should vote for the pedals that you know/think are the best around....not for the OEM pedals supplied on the bike when you purchased it.