Who's the World Market pedal leader?

Mr LOOK

Who's the World Market pedal leader?  

71 members have voted

1. 1. Who's the World Market pedal leader?

• LOOK
    • Time
    • Shimano
    • Speedplay
    • Ritchey
    • Crank Bros
    • Other

Hi Guys and Girls, Can you guys please vote for the pedal manufacturer who you consider being the World Leader (Innovation/performance and so on) in pedals, Road or MTB.   You don't have to own a pair. Thanks for the help.

Mr LOOK2010-03-16 13:22:49

Not many bikes come with expensive pedals like LOOK, SPEEDPLAY, TIME and CRANK BRO's

So Shimano being the default on most bikes, and some other brands as well

Guess there's more Shimano out there than what we think.

Not sure what the "standard / default" setup is on EUROPEAN bikes ?

Not many bikes come with expensive pedals like LOOK' date=' SPEEDPLAY, TIME and CRANK BRO's

[/quote'] You're spot on Astana...that's why I would like to know which brand you perceive to be the best, not necessarily using.

Not many bikes come with expensive pedals like LOOK' date=' SPEEDPLAY, TIME and CRANK BRO's

[/quote'] You're spot on Astana...that's why I would like to know which brand you perceive to be the best, not necessarily using.

Thought you were trying to figure out what the most used pedal is... read the topic again and saw where your coming from.

I love my speedplays on Road bike and Look's on MTB - both allow enough float for my buggered left legBig%20smile

I have only used Shimano and Look before, so I will only comment on those two.

Cleat durability & lifespan - Shimano

Pedal durability & lifespan -  Shimano

Bling factor - Look

Weight - Look

Ease of cleat engagement - Shimano

Service - Look (Mr Look in particular and in fairness I havent tried Shimano service yet)

Should I be given a choice between the two for my next pair, Ill probably go for Speedplay purely because those cleats look indestructible!

Should I be given a choice between the two for my next pair' date=' Ill probably go for Speedplay purely because those cleats look indestructible!

[/quote']

they are not and they recommend you use covers when walking. And they cost R650 a pair.

How can shimano be winning ? when last did they improve upon the spd's etc or maybe I missed it ?

CB always innovating and many of the others..

How can shimano be winning ? when last did they improve upon the spd's etc or maybe I missed it ?

?

CB always innovating and many of the others..

What is there to improve? When something work it works. What new innovations has CB have? They just go lighter, not better.

Should I be given a choice between the two for my next pair' date=' Ill probably go for Speedplay purely because those cleats look indestructible!

[/quote']

they are not and they recommend you use covers when walking. And they cost R650 a pair.

All the other brands also recommend that you walk with covers, but do you?

I dont have space to carry them around, they ad weight and look gay.

[/quote']

why you walking with your cycling shoes ?? Wink

spend a little less on the bike and buy a pair of shoes - its amazing how comfy they are when walking compared to cycling shoes with speedplay cleats LOL

[/quote']

They might also only recommend that you wear covers while walking with Speedplay because they dont want you to crack the tiles you are walking on Big%20smile

[/quote']

why you walking with your cycling shoes ?? Winkspend a little less on the bike and buy a pair of shoes - its amazing how comfy they are when walking compared to cycling shoes with speedplay cleats LOL

don't you walk to your table after securing your bike to against a wall for you mid ride coffee break? Do you get on your bike as soon as you leave the house? Don't you put your foot down when stop at a red light or stop street?

Anyway, if I spend any less on my road bike they will reposes it. I just bought new road shoes because my other pair I bought 7 years ago is going now. I almost died having to fork out R860.

Shimano MTB pedals is the best. The best value for money and the best design, simple and effective. I will never use anything else.

Should I be given a choice between the two for my next pair, Ill probably go for Speedplay purely because those cleats look indestructible!

what are these Covers? this is new to me? does it resemble your pedal, so you clip into the cover and then walk on it?

yup that's it, suppose to protect your cleats while walking!

But it is always my left cleat that goes first, and that is from stopping at robots and stop streets, not walking