Combining exercises on Polar sw

I got my watch on Friday but I noticed that with my Laptop (with Vista) it keeps crashing and with my work P.C. (which has XP) it doesn't want to download my training.

As soon as I put the IR it say found new device, then I go to "download" and all it shows is transrfer and reading settings.

Could anyone help with both of these problems. I've downloaded the drivers for vista on the polar web-site and will try that tonight, but for the rest please I  need help.

You need to setup the method of transfer on the programme before you are able to transfer data.

20070710_071708_polar_setup.JPG

& when you transfer from the watch to the computer you need to ensure that the watch is in "Connect" mode.

Thanks for the quick reply. I tried changing my ports but it still doesn't want to connect.

I put it on com1 and then tried Com2&3

Still nothing
giantman2007-07-10 09:37:17

Last night I tried messing around with my lap top but nothing.

I'm using the polar USB Interface for S-Series, so I even tried the usb port but still no luck.

What confuses me is that I plug it in and take it out but at the bottom it doesn't show anything. I put my memory stick in and it immediatly picks it up.

Saw this on Polar link which might help on my lap top. http://www.pursuit-performance.com.au/polar/html/local/faq/faq-vista-irwave.html

please help AngryAngry
giantman2007-07-10 23:40:08

Have you run the usb.exe utiulity that is on the Polar web site? It installs the USB drivers so that the polar is recognised by Windows.

Yes you can MichH' date=' just select the data and then click on Edit in the menu and select Delete Section...[/quote']

I'm starting to feel stupid, how do you select data...?!

Scratch that, I had to remove current selections. I feel so blonde!!
MichH2007-07-11 02:48:54

Unfortunately I don?t have administrative rights on my pc at work? I'll speak with my it guys at work and try sort that problem out. As for my laptop with vista on it NO.<?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

I'll have to try play around with it during the weekend to try sort it out. I look for the vista drivers and install those.

Just out of curiosity what can I put on my indoor training bike so as to give me all my stats?

Power meter I guess hey?

giantman2007-07-11 22:47:33

Good news, I've sorted out both my pc. I uninstalled the drivers and inserted the ir usb stick. It then said "found new hardware/harddrive" it asks for a the driver and it works.

On my laptop in uninstalled everything too and Vista has the drivers for the i/r already installed no need to install the software.

Thank for all the help!

is anyone using the version 5 software?

I upgraded last week and v 4.03.047 was the latest. Is there a new one again?