94.7 Cycle Race-Entred

Tachymeter

Drivetrain, what was the entry fee for the ARGUS. Just to comare the fees, but at least with the 94.7 you dont get the wind with your goodie bagBig%20smile

Well you might say I have a serious problem' date=' but I have already entred (hoop spelling is reg) the 94.7 cycle challenge, but my thought process was that the quicker I entrered the more I will train? to do the bloody race in a sub three 3 hours.[/quote']Hey Tachy, it looks like we have the same goal in mind so I have an awesome idea. I'll sit on your wheel for 90km then you can sit on my wheel for the rest...Last year I started so far back the stars were almost out, I had to navigate through thousands of people and then came the N14 DeadDeadDeadDeadThis year I'll hopefully start just after sunrise and hopefully do a sub 3hr.

Sounds like my 94.7... ended with a 3:24 if I remember correctly...

But this year around, things will be different, I won't start in the 2nd last group of the day, I have loads more experience, I know what training helps and what training is a waste of time... and last but not least... I now own a steed capable of a sub 3... Mwhahaha MWAHAHAHA!!!

smiley9.gif

I'm also contemplating (thanks word a day toilet paper) doing it again this year. But I first need to do some qualifying races as I have not done a road race in 6 years.

I saw on their website that only RaceTec timed race are used for 94.7 seeding. Anyone got a list of Racetec races for the year?

Well you might say I have a serious problem' date=' but I have already entred (hoop spelling is reg) the 94.7 cycle challenge, but my thought process was that the quicker I entrered the more I will train? to do the bloody race in a sub three 3 hours.[/quote']

Hey Tachy, it looks like we have the same goal in mind so I have an awesome idea. I'll sit on your wheel for 90km then you can sit on my wheel for the rest...

Last year I started so far back the stars were almost out, I had to navigate through thousands of people and then came the N14 DeadDeadDeadDead

This year I'll hopefully start just after sunrise and hopefully do a sub 3hr.

LOLLOLLOLLOL So you are one of those"wheel Suckers" they talked about in the "so barry beat lance' thread?

That was my idea but know the cat's out of the bagAngryAngryShockedAngryAngry

Tacky you've got it all wrong.

We are going to do intervals, you do the first 90km then I do the next 90km WinkWink

Last year that trick didn't even work, I started so far back we formed a small group but by the time we got off the M1 the group had split up because of all the people in our way. That's why this year I have to get my seeding sorted out as much as possible so that I can start early.

Doing my 1st one this year thinking about going to warmbaths in May for a seeding race (if

I can get reasonably priced accomodation) for the Century 21 Bela Bela Challenge 95 km's anyone done it before ... how is it ?

Doing my 1st one this year thinking about going to warmbaths in May for a seeding race (if

I can get reasonably priced accomodation) for the Century 21 Bela Bela Challenge 95 km's anyone done it before ... how is it ?

Also thinking of doing this one Smile I'm driving up so if you want to share costs that way you don't have to stay over Smile

Also thinking of doing this one Smile I'm driving up so if you want to share costs that way you don't have to stay over Smile

The way you going lately why don't you just ride there as a warm up ?

Also wanting to do race but going over on the Friday after work and staying at Klein Kariba (havn't booked anything yet). My sister -in-law stays their but coming to JHB for weekend (my mother-in-laws birthday) thats why I'm going that side for the weekend.

BWHA-ha-ha-ha

I hear it's quite hilly

The way you going lately why don't you just ride there as a warm up ?

Kid that's a brilliant idea Clap I'll kill 2 birds with one stone! Good base and racing LOL

Drivetrain' date=' what was the entry fee for the ARGUS. Just to comare the fees, but at least with the 94.7 you dont get the wind with your goodie bagBig%20smile[/quote']

They forgot the wind in my goodie bag and gave it to me on race day.

http://www.cyclechallenge.co.za/importantinfo.asp

11. SEEDING

The Momentum 94.7 Cycle Challenge seeds

according to the results available on the Racetec database, using

Racetec timed events, NOT according to the Cycle Lab seeding index.

These events are given a weighting according to their individual

difficulty. We use individual weighting which total 100 and your index

will be based on a total of your indeces. If you only have one result

for the previous 12 months and it is of a non equivalent weighting you

will receive a total of greater than 100 and will then fall into the

unseeded category. The event seeds on events of no more than 12 months

old. No events older than 12 months will be considered. Seeding is at

the discretion of the organisers and any seeding queries should be

directed to the Seeding Committee in writing at the Race Office.

Cyclists without a seeding index will be seeded according to their date

of entry - the earlier you enter the earlier your start time will be.

Only the top Cycling South Africa licensed cyclists will be allowed to

start in the U16, Junior, U23, Elite and Veteran categories for both men

and women.

Vets categories will be as per UCI

categories: 30-34 and 35-39, 40-44, 45- 49, 50-54, 55-59 and 60+.

The sizes of these groups will be limited to

the best seeded cyclists per

group based on their individually determined

seeding index.

The U16 and Junior categories will adhere to

the requirements of criteria

necessary to participate in that category

including restricted gears.

Seeding, start groups and start times will

be emailed and/or sms?d to

you and will be available from mid October

2010 on www.cyclechallenge.co.za.

I can't wait ... got unfinished business with this race after last year where I bonked badly. 

Entered, and may even enter the MTB Challenge too for good measure!