@#$%& Snot

Hi Everyone, Some advise please; I have a post nasal drip, but have managed to contain it with Sinumax. The question now is: Should I be training? <?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

If your resting HR is stil within the limits of where it should be, can't see why you can't train. But keep taking your resting HR, this will tell you in advance if you sould ride or not.

Also if you are riding early morning, make sure you cover your mouth and nose with a balaclava(?) or something, cold air on a nasal throught NOT GOOD.

I have this problem most of the year. I have found that I can train and race through it, provided there isn't an infection. I actually raced the giro this year with a slightly sore throat and post nasal drip.

The best thing to do is to get salex nasal spray. It keeps you nasal cavity moist and the salt in the solution helps prevent infection. Also if you feel you getting ill and want to avoid anti-biotics get local biotal. Its a nasal and throat spray which tastes horrible but works really well. I also alway carry some xxx mints around and suck them constantly. Try to drink alot of water aswell.

Just be carefull to get adequite rest after training as you will be slightly more susceptable to infection then most people.

Hope that helps...

Thanks Psycho and Cocaine for the advice. Better than would I would have received from a gp,  do you guys charge medical aid rates? smileys/smiley2.gif

Thanks Psycho and Cocaine for the advice. Better than would I would have received from a gp' date='  do you guys charge medical aid rates? Click on image to open in new window[/quote']

Will except bike parts smileys/smiley2.gif

sniffing cool-aid also works, doesnt cure the drip, but at least the snot tastes better... 

If your resting HR is stil within the limits of where it should be' date=' can't see why you can't train. But keep taking your resting HR, this will tell you in advance if you sould ride or not.
Also if you are riding early morning, make sure you cover your mouth and nose with a balaclava(?) or something, cold air on a nasal throught NOT GOOD.

[/quote']

Psycho looking at your picture I would have thought your nasal cavities are quite dry? Chuck Norris knows where you live....

Wonder how nutritious it is?smileys/smiley29.gif Is it good Carbo Loadingsmileys/smiley2.gif

EEUUUU!!

On a serious note, a Buff works great as a balaclava. Thin, breathable fabric, you can pull up over nose, or down around neck...

Not very nutritious, otherwise darkest africa would not have any children with nutrition problems.

Not very nutritious' date=' otherwise darkest africa would not have any children with nutrition problems.[/quote']

Excellent!!!smileys/smiley2.gifsmileys/smiley36.gifsmileys/smiley36.gif

Not very nutritious' date=' otherwise darkest africa would not have any children with nutrition problems.[/quote']

smileys/smiley32.gifsmileys/smiley32.gifsmileys/smiley36.gifsmileys/smiley36.gif

OK, my stomach is turning ... smileys/smiley29.gif<?:namespace prefix = v ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" /><?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

I suffer with chronic rhinitis brought on by years of training in cold weather which has effectively burned the lining from my nasal cavaties. I use two homeopathic nasal sprays, Sinusan and Euphorbium depending on the level of infection. Sinusan, when it's clear and copious, Euphorbium when it turns green/yellow and becomes thicker.

I also use Vinceheel for my throat if I feel the infection moving south (catch it before it hits your lungs). My rule of thumb is anything from the throat up and I continue training lightly, below that and I take the day off.

All these products are available at your local pharmacy (or should be, ask that they get them if not).