Long ride for 16th June

ok, i can bring 2 flasks of coffee and will do so as long as i get a guarantee that i get a mug thereof! smileys/smiley2.gif

awww, mich, c'mon, you promised birthday cake...

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

cake for what' date=' you did that distance and more at IM, and you DID NOT HAVE CAKE THERE!!!!Click on image to open in new windowClick on image to open in new windowClick on image to open in new window[/quote']

watchoo talking about, they had plenty of coffee & cake in that finish tent, plus pizza and a host of other nice goodies. I can't help it you took so long that it was all finished by the time you got there... smileys/smiley36.gifsmileys/smiley2.gif

ok' date=' i can bring 2 flasks of coffee and will do so as long as i get a guarantee that i get a mug thereof! Click on image to open in new window

awww, mich, c'mon, you promised birthday cake...

[/quote']

Way I see it is that the sag wagon will be behind the slowest rider. So if you want coffee and cake then you will have to take your own or be the slowest rider, you choose.

SP, if it's anything like my old support vehicle then don't count on getting any of that liquid gold. Half empty water bottles and blank stares, followed by "There are no banana's left!" was all I got back then.

cake for what' date=' you did that distance and more at IM, and you DID NOT HAVE CAKE THERE!!!!Click on image to open in new windowClick on image to open in new windowClick on image to open in new window[/quote']

watchoo talking about, they had plenty of coffee & cake in that finish tent, plus pizza and a host of other nice goodies. I can't help it you took so long that it was all finished by the time you got there... Click on image to open in new windowClick on image to open in new window

They were still brewing the coffee and baking the cake when i finished?

hehehehe sirfed.

btw, while we are all on about long rides..... i'm in a predicament for the tour i'm doing - Tonton and his dad were gonna come along and ride at the back with me and his mom was gonna drive the back support car. now they are all down with flu - no way his dad will be ok to drive and he is also not dure he can make it... is there ANYONE who would like to join us, prefereable someone who has a spouse/partner who can drive the support vehicle. we leave next wednesday (7th) and return on sunday (11th). pleeeeeeeease?!?!!?!? i know it's short notice and it clashes with kremetart, but i'd really appreciate it.

They were still brewing the coffee and baking the cake when i finished?

You must have finished with cervelo then. That was not the coffee and cake it was actually breakfast for the staff the next morning. Don't worry there is always next year. smileys/smiley36.gifsmileys/smiley2.gif

Interesting alias, whats your tie in with SBR and club 220? PM me the details if you like, no need to 'out' you just yet.

Under extreme pressure, I give in and agree to provide cake, although I don't promise I'll bake it all myself!

M&B at Hillfox is fine as a meeting spot, but the service there has sometimes been shocking! I'm happy to stop at Magaliesberg for breakfast, but will we then be too heavy to ride?!

M&B at Hillfox is fine as a meeting spot' date=' but the service there has sometimes been shocking! I'm happy to stop at Magaliesberg for breakfast, but will we then be too heavy to ride?![/quote']

It all depends on how much you eat. Are you going full South African breakfast with steak, egg and wors or the granola and yoghurt route. Personally I find that starting again after sitting for a while and eating everything on the menu is not that much fun but given that I will still have to ride home from the M&B I don't mind either way.

If the M&B is bad (or very full) there is also a News Cafe in that strip mall that serves breakfast. Never tried them but I have heard its good.

Strip MALL ???  I'm there. Breakfast during a ride, won't work for me , I'll smileys/smiley19.gifsmileys/smiley18.gifClick on image to open in new windowI

OK, let's meet at M&B shopping centre (I won't call it what you called it Sir Fed!), we stop for a coffee at Magaliesberg, nothing heavy, and then we do a proper breakfast back at News Cafe (don't they serve perfectly good cake?! Hee hee!)

I'm keen to start early but not crazy early. How is 7:00 or 7:30?

Sir Fred SBR-Swim Bike-Run 220 is taken from the UK mag Tri 220.I believe 220 being the out dated method of rating your maxHR 220 - Age,or in my case my marathon time 2hr 20min?

hoe laat epoh en van waar?

Amoryns, ek moet nog finale reelings tref maar ons sal seker van Cyclelab af vertrek Magaliesburg se rigting toe 7am. Dis beter om daar te park etc.

Nog 'n oukie wat vir HiQ gery het gaan ons dalk ook join. Hy het actually die Kremetart een jaar gewen.

Sir Fred, nah they are not at SA's... they are not on top form at the moment. They will probably be ready for the races later in the season.

Nog 'n oukie wat vir HiQ gery het gaan ons dalk ook join. Hy het actually die Kremetart een jaar gewen.
Wie's hy?

Sir Fred SBR-Swim Bike-Run 220 is taken from the UK mag Tri 220.I believe 220 being the out dated method of rating your maxHR 220 - Age' date='or in my case my marathon time 2hr 20min?[/quote']

Interesting that you arrived at that alias since there is an online South African company called swimbikerun (SBR for short) and they have a club called 220. Perhaps they used the same influences you did, who knows? I will ask them if they can run a 2h20 marathon tomorrow. smileys/smiley2.gif

Good mag, subscribe to it myself, full of useful information although I do get depressed when I read about how many events they have in the UK when we only get one every other month.

MichelleH, about that start time - 7am is good. Being a public holiday a lot of people will have been out on the town the night before so we can take advantage of the quiet roads and be home before they stop serving breakfast.

Sir Fred SBR-Swim Bike-Run 220 is taken from the UK mag Tri 220.I believe 220 being the out dated method of rating your maxHR 220 - Age' date='or in my case my marathon time 2hr 20min?[/quote']

Interesting that you arrived at that alias since there is an online South African company called swimbikerun (SBR for short) and they have a club called 220. Perhaps they used the same influences you did, who knows? I will ask them if they can run a 2h20 marathon tomorrow. Click on image to open in new window

Good mag, subscribe to it myself, full of useful information although I do get depressed when I read about how many events they have in the UK when we only get one every other month.

MichelleH, about that start time - 7am is good. Being a public holiday a lot of people will have been out on the town the night before so we can take advantage of the quiet roads and be home before they stop serving breakfast.

I had that alias before they started with there online shop,used it on various sites.Check the? after the 2h 20 (i wish) Ihave to agree with you regarding the amount of events in the UK, In the US there is as many as 20 a month in season just check at the new 70.2 series