Long ride for 16th June

I'm happy with your reasoning Sir Fed.

So, 7am start from Mugg & Bean opposite Hillfox, route will be out to Magaliesberg and back, there will be a sag wagon with some husbands and wives, and even a qualified sister to look after any injuries (although the rate per minute may be expensive!!)

Will lay out a route and get back to everyone, but expect 120km.

"I love it when a plan comes together!"

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I won't call it what you called it Sir Fed!

Generally accepted definition of a strip mall
uploads/SirFed/images/2006-06-02_172708_stripmall.jpg

Hubbers definition of a strip mall
uploads/SirFed/images/2006-06-02_172747_stripjoint.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I'm going to try and get this one past the Mrs, but so far you can count me in, BUT it must be at a slow pace Click on image to open in new window.

Will keep you informed and M & B at Hillfox is just great (I can ride there)

tazman38878.8483449074

I'm going to try and get this one past the Mrs' date=' ...[/quote']

Don't show her the pictures of the strip mall (joint) and you will be just fine.

SP, I really hope so!!!  Realised that I'll NEVER be a speedfreak, just a back-of-the-pack okey that REALLY enjoys the cycling thing!

ewep, i'll also never be a speedfreak... every year I do a multi-day tour where i get reminded of that fact smileys/smiley9.gif I also know what it's like to be left along on the road and i know how much nicer it is when the stronger guys help you (having just had that for a few days recently keeps that warm-fuzzy feeling alive smileys/smiley2.gif)

Friday's ride is all about getting out on our bikes and enjoying it, enjoying being alive to enjoy it, and appreciating the support of the non-cycling people (friends and for some, family) in the group. It is going to be a fun day, not a race day smileys/smiley1.gif

Hi SP, glad you are back ok.

Have you read Dirt Riders thread about Logwood on Thursday night, what about starting your birthday celebrations the night before and carrying on the next morning ???

smileys/smiley36.gif

Thanks SP, but are there gonna be nice strong gals to help me?? smileys/smiley5.gifsmileys/smiley5.gif

IanJ, I'm gonna try to join DR, think it might be fun, if I can stay on top of the damn MTB! smileys/smiley17.gif

hmmm, me and night riding... and i don't even have permission to ride mtb yet... lemme see how i feel, but i could always come and have the drinks ready for when you all finish smileys/smiley2.gif

I'll be ther for Friday's ride, but unfortunately I will be turning back at the KDP game reserve.

See you at 07H00 on Friday !! smileys/smiley32.gif smileys/smiley32.gif