garmin 305 edge

hagar

i want to get me one of these. has anyone got one and how do you find using it ? any comments please is the price ok ???

thanks

Garmin Edge 305 CAD & HR - GPS enabled, cycle computer
R3,508.93
Package Includes:

Edge 305 unit
speed/cadence sensor (GSC 10)
heart rate monitor

A/C charger
USB cable
Training Center
CD-ROM
bike mount
owner?s manual
quick reference guide

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

pm word, i know hez got 1.

Im also looking at something like that (cycle comp + HR + altitude meter), what i dont like about the garmin is its big, and stuck to the bike, cant use it when going to gym (i.e the HR)

Hagar I am busy testing one at the moment - the Bulk Pack Meat team will hopefully be using these.

I must say, it is a seriously cool piece of kit!  I have been wanting to get my paws on one for a long time now!!

Some of the cool features:

Virtual training partner - let's you pace against a virtual rider, really helps for the motivation!  Can pace against a previous performance.

Can create a computrainer course file that is an exact replica of the route you road.

Configurable display - you can set up the fields you want to see while riding.

Back light display.

Rechargeable battery.

Set up riding routes with way-points etc - or use from someone else.  This would let you share training routes with other people or create a training route from a map.

At the moment I am working on merging powertap data and the garmin data which would give you the power you were producing at any point along the course!

its big' date=' and stuck to the bike, cant use it when going to gym (i.e the HR)

[/quote'] You can remove it from the bike. It just unclips from the bike. It also is not that big. The dimentions is 4.5cm x 9cm x 2.5cm and weighs 80grams. I have one which I bought from EWEP. I have become totally addicted to this "gadget"!

hey bruce that is really neat thanks !!!! me thinks my bank manager must take some of her car money out and make a loan. I like the idea that you can download the maps and the profiles. I got a ciclo sport hac4 pro plus but it is driving me nuts .. psycho said i should throw it as it makes a good frisbee ..

slowjoe, you can use the HR functionality anywhere any time. it's uber cool to be able to use it for road, mtb, running and hiking without having to change lots of settings and recalibrating etc.

i have to admit i've not used all the features on my little "toy" yet, but i lent it to IanJ for a month so he could decide between replacing his stolen Polar with another Polar or with a Garmin...  he opted to get a Garmin so that says something!

Oh, and I forgot to say - the HR strap is compatible with the new powertap coded straps (if you wear a strap that is Wink)

my hac4 pro plus is driving me nuts very tempremental works when it wants too and the cadence thingie is very finnikie it was nearly in the deep blue sea off the westcoast this sunday

Yes, I have the full package HR and cadence. Works like a charm. Another pluspoint is that you can change the HR monitor battery yourself. It uses a standard 2032 battery available at Game for ?R10.00. since I got it I did the Argus, 94.7, OFM, Cansa Lost City, Campus to Campus and numerous local races with it. No problems with it so far.

i bought mine last month at Sportsman Warehouse for R2999-00. Best thing i could have done. Easy to use and setup. continue to use old HRM when spinning or just easy rides when u don't need all the data.SmileSmile

At the moment I am working on merging powertap data and the garmin data which would give you the power you were producing at any point along the course!

Bruce, if you manage to merge it, PLEASE let me know!!  Will you be able then to view it as 1 ride in CyclingPeaks?  I'm addicted to my PowerTap and Garmin.

i bought mine last month at Sportsman Warehouse for R2999-00. Best thing i could have done. Easy to use and setup. continue to use old HRM when spinning or just easy rides when u don't need all the data.SmileSmile

was this price including the cadence kit ?