PPA What can they Do?

Guest Frail4Life

Frail, you don't have to listen to me but you're approaching it the wrong way.

The tone of your letter and comments in red(it's harsh & aggressive) will only lead to the issues being put in file 13. They, the EXCO will listen politely but say/do not a lot or nothing at all.

Cyclists overreact most of the time and you said it yourself, same issues are being raised every year.

So, polish up, show some respect(or else Lance Burger will throw you out :) )  and see if a gentler attitude won't get a gentler outcome  - I'm sure it will.

Blessings,

Naas

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Frail4Life
Frail' date=' you don't have to listen to me but you're approaching it the wrong way.The tone of your letter and comments in red(it's harsh & aggressive) will only lead to the issues being put in file 13. They, the EXCO will listen politely but say/do not a lot or nothing at all.Cyclists overreact most of the time and you said it yourself, same issues are being raised every year.So, polish up, show some respect(or else Lance Burger will throw you out :) )? and see if a gentler attitude won't get a gentler outcome? - I'm sure it will.Blessings,Naas[/quote']

The red lettering to your Comments was My response. I was a bit chirpy in my replies. The red lettering in the main letter is Karins reply from PPA to my Comments.

I am still a Member. To repeat my comment you have not met me and throwing me out will only create more trouble for PPA. It is high time PPA pull their socks up, or is it they are blind from the hair that is covering their eyes.

David    

Guest Frail4Life

Naas

You say I am being harsh. Wait. Just because I am not happy and Exco want to ignore the problem?

In what century are you expecting any solutions.

Here I am trying to show PPA their mistakes.

I get it, people do not like it when you tell them what is the problem.

Thanks anyway for the advice. I will get some bodyguards.

David   

Naas.

Dont be hard on David for sounding a bit rough in his comments.

There is very few people that do as much as he does for the community.

As you have been told, he has been at the meetings etc but he has now had enough that certain issues been looked at.

Yes I do agree spot on with getting someone onto the EXCO to represent us properly. And ultimately this is probably going to be the only way to ensure that our issues are even looked at in time to come.

(File 13 is most probably the dustbin, because complaints and suggestions have never really gone anywhere)

But I dont know how much use having 50 disgruntled members at a AGM will be either.

Might even end in an argument and a split in the meeting.

You mentioned Lance Burger throwing David out. Well, I dont think that would happen because David is not a hostile person. But if anything like that did ever happen then I think that would be the start of a new cycling company.

But with that been said. The ppa still does alot behind the scenes that we dont see. And it doesnt really make sense to start a whole new organisation to address only a handful of issues.

Naas, You seem to be quite well informed.

Do you have any guidelines or ideas how we could elect somebody onto the body?

Speaking about Lance.

I found a letter that he wrote to promote commuting.

It is good and has a lot of things that I have always wished for.

Obviously this letter is "addressed" to government and in reality cyclists would have to stand together and make some major noise to see some of these things come to pass.

But take a read it is pretty interesting.

http://www.pedalpower.co.za/LinkClick.aspx?fileticket=3ccLLD6BHew%3D&tabid=140&mid=639

Naas.

Dont be hard on David for sounding a bit rough in his comments.

There is very few people that do as much as he does for the community.

As you have been told' date=' he has been at the meetings etc but he has now had enough that certain issues been looked at.

Yes I do agree spot on with getting someone onto the EXCO to represent us properly. And ultimately this is probably going to be the only way to ensure that our issues are even looked at in time to come.

(File 13 is most probably the dustbin, because complaints and suggestions have never really gone anywhere)

But I dont know how much use having 50 disgruntled members at a AGM will be either.

Might even end in an argument and a split in the meeting.

You mentioned Lance Burger throwing David out. Well, I dont think that would happen because David is not a hostile person. But if anything like that did ever happen then I think that would be the start of a new cycling company.

But with that been said. The ppa still does alot behind the scenes that we dont see. And it doesnt really make sense to start a whole new organisation to address only a handful of issues.

Naas, You seem to be quite well informed.

Do you have any guidelines or ideas how we could elect somebody onto the body?

[/quote']

I have a lot of appreciation for what Frail does. I have also started a Foundation for previously disadvantaged kids last year(with cycling & christian based activities) and know the type of commitment it needs to be sustainable.

Was a tongue in the cheek comment abt Lance but I know how he feels abt the white line rule for example  - offenders beware!!

Anybody can approach Steve Hayward(chairmann) or Karin and declare their willingness to serve and how they want to serve. League is a seperate portfolio from funrides and addressing ALL the issues that Frail has in mind will require a lot of interaction. It can probably be done on another sub-committee level. This forum can actually play a huge role if someone make notes after reading all the threads and compile it into a work-in-progress format.

It will, however not be entirely correct(ethically and practical) to report here or post PPA's replies as the hub doesn't seem to be hugely representative of PPA members - I might be wrong also.

Guest Frail4Life

Thanks for ALL the comments guys. smiley32.gif

Keep them coming. smiley2.gif

Naas.

This forum can actually play a huge role if someone make notes after reading all the threads and compile it into a work-in-progress format.It will' date=' however not be entirely correct(ethically and practical) to report here or post PPA's replies as the hub doesn't seem to be hugely representative of PPA members - I might be wrong also.[/quote']

Yep.

Comments that are posted on this forum are a great way to collect info.

I do agree with you though.

I think there is a very small pool of ppa members that are actually active on the hub that will be exposed to this.

Besides making contact with cycling clubs how else do you really spread the word to get a general feeling how everyone feels.

However, I also do think that a fair part of the ppa membership couldnt really be bothered with what we are discussing here.

They have there membership for the one or two races in the year that they do to get ready for the argus.

Guest Frail4Life

Naas.

This forum can actually play a huge role if someone make notes after reading all the threads and compile it into a work-in-progress format.It will' date=' however not be entirely correct(ethically and practical) to report here or post PPA's replies as the hub doesn't seem to be hugely representative of PPA members - I might be wrong also.[/quote']

Yep.

Comments that are posted on this forum are a great way to collect info.

I do agree with you though.

I think there is a very small pool of ppa members that are actually active on the hub that will be exposed to this.

Besides making contact with cycling clubs how else do you really spread the word to get a general feeling how everyone feels.

However, I also do think that a fair part of the ppa membership couldnt really be bothered with what we are discussing here.

They have there membership for the one or two races in the year that they do to get ready for the argus.

I have emailed Four Clubs, still waiting on reply.

Getting any feedback is always SLOW. smiley19.gif

Thanks for the vote of confidence. smiley32.gif

David

Guest Frail4Life

Anymore Comments?

I am still waiting on feedback from Clubs.

David

Guest Frail4Life

16. Commuting.

What improvements have been achieved in the last six months? When will (example) Marine Drive be completed?

16. Commuting.

What improvements have been achieved in the last six months? When will (example) Marine Drive be completed?

Yep.

I have my doubts about this bicycle track along there.

Looks like people walking would also be on it.

And they are a freaking nightmare.

& now they are busy doing roadworks on plattekloof road between koeberg rd and the n7. The road was narrow enough as it is. Now my morning commute across there is quite nerve racked.

I use that section to practice my "sprinting" in front of the cars because it is just not wide enough for the both of us.

Why didnt they finish the parklands - n7 link before doing roadworks over here as well.

Oh well.

Guest Frail4Life

That's a very important point David. Thanks!

Well Thank You.

I am TRYING smiley19.gif

With little or NO response from Cycling Clubs. smiley9.gif

David

@David: have you contacted MTN Club 100 CT? I had a very nice chat via email with the club secretary re: a few of the common issues mentioned in your letter/this thread. The general consensus was their agreement with the issues in the current setup that we're wanting to see changed.