first ride on my Niner

pedal pusher

FINISHED BUILDING THIS TODAY.cOMPLETE IT WEIGHS IN AT 11.8KG.i MUST SAY BIG UP TO NINER,BEAUTIFUL QUALITY FRAME.

20100506_125225_SDC10302.JPG

20100506_125253_SDC10419.JPGpedal pusher2010-05-08 13:21:15

the specs for the bike are:

Emd9 medium frame

xt 29er wheelset

rst m29 80mm fork

xt rear derrailleur

xt front derraileur

slx crankset

slx shifters

pro 1 1/18 headset

kcnc dark side flat bar

ritchey comp seat post

avid juicy 3 brake set

on one 80mm stem

on one inbred saddle

conti race king 2.2

going to take her for a spin today

Quick Queastion PP

Why the EMD?

I'm about to order a Sir 9 and build up a single speed.

Quick Queastion PP
Why the EMD?
I'm about to order a Sir 9 and build up a single speed.

I got a good deal on the EMD frame.The EMD is also only slightly heavier than the Air9.The EMD tips the scale at 3.5 LB while the AIR9 is 3.1LB.

Couldnt really justify spending much more for that difference.Although I must say the scandium frame must have a real nice feel to it & the welds on scandium are always really strong too.
pedal pusher2010-05-07 06:03:44

Awesome, would love that in SS guise. My next bike / frame once the Inbred 29 conks out will hopefully be one of these!

Awesome' date=' would love that in SS guise. My next bike / frame once the Inbred 29 conks out will hopefully be one of these![/quote']

Are you counting on your Inbred conking out ?

You might get grey before that. LOL

Well I took her for a walk today& this is what I found.I have ridden a 26' bike for the last 4 years:

As I started riding I immediately felt that the steering was very responsive.I hit some tight single track first to check the rumour that 29ers are not great through windy corners.The 29er is sooo much more grippy in the corners so you are able to really throw the bike around the windy stuff & I didnt find a problem accelerating out of the corners.I now went to test her on a rocky incline.The bike climbs like a demon!Even if you dont pick the correct line you will get to the top.I also didnt experience that 'floaty' feeling on the handle bars which I did with my 26' on the rocky inclines,I suppose it is due to the longer chain stay.

Next on the menu was some rocky declines.Same as the up hills- the 29' wheels roll over obstacles so much more easier.

I often found myself with the elusion of riding slow until I checked the speedo-my average speed was 25km/h with out trying to hard.

The one negative I did find(due to being a softie) is that once the legs get tired it does get a bit harder to turn those big wheels around.

I can now understand why so many people who have moved away from 26' will never return.

20100508_130433_SDC10410.JPG