Omnico Winter Sale - Thank You Sorted

Airborne

Thanks to a posting on the hub, a mate of mine decides to buy two bikes as listed on the Omnico website that were on special.One was a GT sanction 2 and the other a GT iDrive 5.

So first thing yesterday morning we are at our LBS, who as Mongoose and GT resellers were aware of the special... so far so good.

My Mate asks them to phone the supplier - Omnico (While we are there) to check stock and they confirm that both bike are available and are the correct size, the LBS asks them to please reserve the bikes and we weretold it will take roughly three days for delivery, my mate is extactic pressy for the wife etc... So far so good...

An hour later he gets a call "sorry there is no stock available"

Angry WTF.......

Why confirm that the bikes were reserved and that stock was available!!!

Airborne2010-05-12 05:05:09

I ordered my bike, LBS confirmed its on its way, will post again once I receive it.

I see the website is up and running now.

Wonder wie jou LBS is Confused - ek het 'n soortgelyke probleem gehad maar vind toe uit dat my LBS se rekening agterstallig is by die verskaffer en hulle lewer nie af voordat dit nie uitgesorteer is nie.

What is the LBS doing to to help you (as you chose them to buy it from) to earn their cut, as Omnico has done the advertising and everything else?

Ok, time to eat some humble pie.

Firstly a BIG thank you to Lance from Omnico for sorting this outClap

The LBS contacted the rep and not Omnico as we were thought, the rep did not place the order immediatly as he was probably getting dozens of similar requests.Thumbs%20Up

So Lance I salute you, thaks for comming through with a plan B and to Omnico for the Great specials.

Please accept my apologies....

Airborne2010-05-12 05:20:13

Ok' date=' time to eat some humble pie.

Firstly a BIG thank you to Lance from Omnico for sorting this outClap

The LBS contacted the rep and not Omnico as we were thought, the rep did not place the order immediatly as he was probably getting dozens of similar requests.Thumbs%20Up

So Lance I salute you, thaks for comming through with a plan B and to Omnico for the Great specials.

Please accept my apologies....

[/quote']

Omnico's service is second to none in SA.

i chatted to Lance and he was very accommodating and sound like a real gent!

thanks lance for the great deals and sorting my query out! card division is also happy at the moment too!!!!!

r.goosen order- 51Clap

cheers

Im glad to hear Omnico arent displaying any wankerish tendencies. Ive only ever heard good things about their service and you had my knickers in a tangle there for a moment. Just had a look at the obike website again. Good God they have some saucy old bikes there. (i like older stuff, cars, women so I can see why an 08 GT force is a good idea at that price) Now, just where to find 12.5 thousand rondts laying about.

Anyone taken delivery of anything from the sale yet?

N

Im glad to hear Omnico arent displaying any wankerish tendencies. Ive only ever heard good things about their service and you had my knickers in a tangle there for a moment. Just had a look at the obike website again. Good God they have some saucy old bikes there. (i like older stuff, cars, women so I can see why an 08 GT force is a good idea at that price) Now, just where to find 12.5 thousand rondts laying about.

Anyone taken delivery of anything from the sale yet?

N

What's a wankerish tendency?LOLLOL

I suppose you could replace that rather "vulgar" word with. Unethical, Unpleasant, Unkind, Malicious, Misguided. Being a somewhat jaded member of the country when something sounds too good to be true, it usually is. BUT apparently not in this case.....