Garmin Edge 500

michael

Guess he means the cadence sensor that goes on the stay ?

Waanie i did, stopped it and it shut down, turned it on and reset it, turned off, no data :(

Also been using the Edge 500 for about a month now.  I also lost some data when switching off and on, and then resetting.

That has not happened since we did the latest firmware update, as the unit seems to store the data to memory if it is accidentally turned off.

Being the first time we are using a HR Monitor and Cadence sensor, it sometimes feels a bit overwhelming with all the data that the unit records and stores.

If there is someone in the Centurion area that can help with sorting out the data and showing us what everything actually means, I will appreciate it.

• 3 months later...

Hi , I got a question regarding the unit (I really love it) , but how do you display your moving average on the screen as opposed to your average speed which also calculates the non-moving average ?

Really like the edge 500 loaded new firmware when i got it, and sofar no freezing or any other problems to speak of

Hi , I got a question regarding the unit (I really love it) , but how do you display your moving average on the screen as opposed to your average speed which also calculates the non-moving average ?

if you want to do this, you need to switch on the auto pause function. You can set it to pause below a certain speed or when stopped.

if you want to do this, you need to switch on the auto pause function. You can set it to pause below a certain speed or when stopped.

Thanks will try that ... appreciate it. :rolleyes:

I love mine! I really like the customized data fields feature. Set my pages up for basic training, race (a bit more info) and one for intervals/laps. Much better than the Polar I used before.