Discussion on 702- Proteas

pastapouch

the Proteas with their "moobs" (manboobs) Probably the KFC sponsorship paying dividents there.

Rename to the Kentucy Fat CricketersLOL

It's interesting how the other teams always seem to win their tosses, ours were selected.

Bunch of choking losers. They need to wield the axe: Kallis Test cricket only, Smith Test cricket only, Gibbs let him go, Boucher let him go. Kallis needs to realise he is the most talented batsmen since Pollack, Richards et al, and its not about him and his f**king average. The fact that Gibbs laughs and smiles when walking off after a soft dismissal is a shame and should dropped just for that.

Johanne Botha to captain the T20 and ODI side, Smith test captain.

The coach and selectors need to make the decisions on selection, not the captain. The coach needs to be a strong individual, Kepler would be my choice as he takes no *** and does not pull any punches.

Our bowling is extremely crap, but that dumb sh*t Vince Barnes is still the bowling coach, it is a travertsy when Alan Donald has been begging for the position, but he ends up coaching the English and look at them now. How we can bowl Morkel in a T20 comp is laughable he bowls pies, no ball pies nogall.

Ou rugby players put their body on the line and play their hearts out, so why can't our cricketers do the same? But no, they go running for mamma when the goings get tough.

Come okes I prescribe a dose of Chopper Reid; Harden the ****up!!!
Mackie2010-05-14 03:52:12

What did they expect? We do not have a coach thats in control of the team.

Cramp boy Biff throws a hissyfit everytime things does not go his way. Kallis and Boucher should retire from the one day and 20/20 team, and only play test cricket. As much experience as they have we need new blood to come in.

AB should be given the gloves, we'll miss him in the field but he has the potential to become one of the great keeper/batsmen like gillcrest.

guys like Colin Ingram, Dave Miller, Alvrio Petersen, yousuf abdulla, Rusty, Vandiar, loots and tsotsobe are knocking on the door. Time to give them a shot in the shorter form of the game. Botha has shown he can be a very effective captain

But our first step is a coach, we need a good one that can run the team. Not take orders from Biff and the old gaurd

Tell me another sporting code that fails at so many world cup/ international competitions and they retain the captain.

The problem is Smith is too powerful, he controls the side and the selectors don't have the guts( but Smith has some guts under that tight shirt!)to drop him.

We need change. Glad to see Miller has had a call up!

Zeepee and Mackie,I agree with most of what you say...

Johan Botha should captain the Oneday and T20 side!!

Just one thing is I still think there is a place for Kallis in the Oneday setup,not T20.He's bowling alone should keep him there and with the bat we all know what he can do I think it is just a matter making sure he play's to the game plan.That's why we need to have a strong Coach!!

Boucher is very talented but I get the feeling he might have a negative effect on the team....

Smith can also stay in the Oneday side as long as he performs like any other player.

Personaly I don't like the T20 game,I think we need to look at it the same way as Sevens rugby,a totaly different side and players can grow from there into the Oneday side or just specialize in T20.

Seeing a guy as Talented as AB trying to play moegoe shots like he did in the last game is the reason why I don't like this form of the game!!

you have to remember this is our B team. our A team is England
10/10ClapLOL Actually quite sad if you ask me.

There is no urgency or vibe about the team, life looks too easy - see the fat frames for proof Shocked

And then when they loose (sad being they only beat Afghanistan and were lucky to beat NZ) Biff blames it on everything except the players. "We didn't have time to gel... blah blah fishpaste". Jeeeez - when I was in grade 3 I was chucked into the rugby team for being one of the fatties - and we played with more heart then the "proteas"... and

all we knew about gelling was that it was what the older (and cooler) boys did to their hair... 
MariusL2010-05-14 04:26:31

Zeepee and Mackie' date='I agree with most of what you say...

Johan Botha should captain the Oneday and T20 side!!

Just one thing is I still think there is a place for Kallis in the Oneday setup,not T20.He's bowling alone should keep him there and with the bat we all know what he can do I think it is just a matter making sure he play's to the game plan.That's why we need to have a strong Coach!!

Boucher is very talented but I get the feeling he might have a negative effect on the team....

Smith can also stay in the Oneday side as long as he performs like any other player.

Personaly I don't like the T20 game,I think we need to look at it the same way as Sevens rugby,a totaly different side and players can grow from there into the Oneday side or just specialize in T20.

Seeing a guy as Talented as AB trying to play moegoe shots like he did in the last game is the reason why I don't like this form of the game!!

[/quote']

Agree with you on the 20/20, only problem is they play international 20/20 games while on tour so they use whatever players they have over there.

That should be stopped, you dont see the springboks play a 7's game against the All Blacks while they are over there, its a completely different format and should be treated as such. I like the format but it should be treated a 7's are.

Graham Smith just needs a handle bar moustache then we have our own David Boon, fat and irritable but can still win a game for you

the only thing will ever support which Mrs Smith is in, is his own funeral procession....

that tosser can't arrange two ducks to go for a f#%k if you gave him a pond. 

oh yes, i (still) blame him.... let me have it Smith lovers!

Proteas don't understand the T20 strategy.

You can never catch up the runs you don't make in the early overs. Working the ball around the wicket for ones and twos just is not good enough.

How many times do we finish on a mediocre score with wickets in hand.

I would rather have 7-11 chasing 6 an over than 4-6 chasing 12+ an over.

davem2010-05-14 04:37:18