why ride

baloo

childhood, challenge, fitness, escape, technical mastery, because it is there?  MTB can be non threatening, non competitive and fun.

childhood' date=' challenge, fitness, escape, technical mastery, because it is there?  MTB can be non threatening, non competitive and fun.[/quote']

non competative, i go suicidal everytime my girlfriend beats me up the hill Clap

Which is almost always

For me nice to get out and about and commute with nature, enjoy the diverse and wonderful SA outdoors, esp. up here in Jhb there is lots to choose from in all directions. With all the k@k going on everyday here in SA ?its a great release and I am always on a high after a good ride? (exercise junkie aspect I guess) - in summary a very healthy form of escapism.?

Why ride? Its the catalyst for a long shot of adrenaline, sent straight to the soul. A pick me up!

I ride MTB because it is fun' date=' It is the closest I wil ever get to feeling like a kid again, because I can have a bad day and go on my bike and really forget of all my problems, no time to think of your problems when you are hitting a trail hard. I ride because when I feel down on myself or insecure doing a ride actually makes me feel good about myself again.  I ride for the great friends I have made on my rides. <?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

I ride to spend time with my husband and to spend time by myself.  I ride because even when I am not in the mood once I am on my bike I love it and am glad I decided to go for a ride.  I ride to keep fit an healthy.  I rid for the sense of accomplishment I get when I feel I cant go any more and I push myself to get to the top of that hill.  I ride because I love it, I want to go riding now.

[/quote'] Foxxy...you awsome thing! You and me are kindred spirits! I could not have said it better....what a pitty you are married. Broken%20Heart

I would have loved to take you on a ride date. My life partner bless her soul is a runner and well the plod jus bores me compared to the rush of wind and adrenaline spike just before a technical descentClap

A few rides back, I ended up on top of the world, or so it felt. And then as the sun started to set, and I sat on a rock point miles above the everyday chase after nothing, I wondered how I could or would try to explain to friends and loved ones that dont ride, the satisfaction I got from breaking the back of the hill I just climbed..to get to a place so lonely and so peace full you feel like the first person ever to sit there. And how would I explain the slowly increased adrenaline rush coming on as I know that there is a hectic single track that lies before you. How would I explain the feeling of looking back when I am down again, pointing and sayin "damn, where we there?".

You cant explain that to someone that does not ride. You cant explain it in a book, or with a photo or nothing. You have to experience it for yourself

Its AWESOME

I ride for the challenge and for the freedom it gives me. When you are a few months off fifty and you feel younger and fitter than you were in your 30's, it is an awesome realisation. I love to tell my daughter that mountain biking keeps me younger every birthday. So many stunning mountains, forests and streams to ride, both in South Africa and abroad...a mountain bike gives you the freedom to explore the remote and beautiful world we live in.  

And then there is the training and the racing..those early morning intervals that set you up for the day ahead and the weekend race . To compete, to take on the challenge of those hills, the technical single track, your mates, your rivals and to drive ones body and mind to the max and know that you rode your heart out...that is really what it is all about for me. Can't wait for sun rise tomorrow!
Imtb2010-05-18 14:44:29