Wasn't Owen Hannie also caught for doping?

Let's Ride

The Stormers rugby team ? Wtf are we talking about ??

Hey dude ... I know the Stormers played above themselves, but don't blame it on the dope ....

What did Owen win? What advantage? Some guys are just plain crap even on juice. David George is a case in point. At least US Postal thought he was crap while being juiced to the max. Isn't that why they sent him packing?

US Postal chasing someone away that doped....

They supplied the **** by the dozen - i reckon the bike mechanics were on juice too.

Okes, did any one bother to read that date on this thread ?

2007 .... thats like from the dark ages, in my brief understanding of things, juicing it up has moved on. Even kids do it now.

You might stop doping when it can become a criminal offence. Stick a guy in jail for 2 years and then he can come back to cycling. 2 years behind the rest. Whereas now, they guy takes a 2 year rest, probly dopes a bit while he is at it. Trains like hell and comes back a better rider. That's unless the case takes 18 months to resolve, then all he needs is a 6 month christmas break.

Also confiscate whatever money he made and donate it to WADA to combat doping.

I agree, I can't stand OH being holier than though about other dopers who have made a comeback when he was a doper.

I once sent an e-mail to Supersport after a show all about doping and asked the question about how credible when OH an ex doper, guess what, I received no reply.

2007 .... thats like from the dark ages, in my brief understanding of things, juicing it up has moved on. Even kids do it now.

There should be an automated function that closes a thread after a few months of inactivity...

Watching super cycling when Andrew and Owen comments on doping just pisses me off. You have two types of top cyclists - those who got caught and those who have not been caught. Chris Froome? High as a kite doing the TdF. Difference between Lance and Tyler? One got caught and the other not. Funny how everybody is proud of those who 'spoke up' but nobody mentions the fact that they were 'forced' to do so. Do I care? No not really, cycling still remains a spectacular sport. And where I live at the bottom of the food chain you can take all the EPO you want, like any performance enhancing drug it needs serious talent to make a difference, besides coloring you piss.

People should get over it, performance enhancing drugs has been around since Adam spiked his libido by eating that apple. He got caught and was booted of the team but did that stop the trend? Apple then, EPO today, who knows what tomorrow. Now where is that IV?

what i find rather interesting about this whole doping saga is the hypocrisy, A cyclist is willing to cheat to win but when he is caught he is not willing to spill the beans on any other cyclists that use banned substances? i dont get it ??? honor amongst thieves?? i get the feeling that the bigger picture is being missed, there is a huge microscope on riders that test positive but the questions never get asked about where how who etc etc the proverbial can of worms should be opened once and for all and maybe just maybe there will be some "clean" sweat spilled onto top tubes for a change

LoL opening this thread i was surprised to see a number of old names, then i spotted the dates. laugh.png

Topic Closed

This thread is over 5 years old, many of the comments are factually incorrect, potentially libellous and will be removed.

Please keep doping discussions to current threads and be cautious of the comments you make. Allegations made not based on fact could result in legal action taken against you by the individuals concerned.